Link

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... index.html

He was dropped in all my leagues.
tknapp66
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nady not done. WOW!

Postby jswede » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:00 pm

as he was in mine - thank you. outstanding first post.
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nady not done. WOW!

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:37 pm

ok pretty good news that hes not done for the season BUT, hes still going to have to rehab for 3-5 weeks before he can even think about picking up a bat again, at that time then he will have to start working back out batting before he will even be considered to be able to get back into the lineup... by that time ALOT of things can happen, not saying Nady can't be productive at anytime this season but i still say its a shaky play even when he gets back... i mean your talking about more ligament damage in the same elbow he had damn Tommy John done on in 2001 its a real good thing he isn't a pitcher cuz he would have been done, but you have to have high hopes that Matsui's knees don't get figured out in that time cuz he won't be back in the field it will be DH all the way if the Yanks are smart... i just don't for see Nady being worthwhile for at bare minimum another im calling it 2+ months after at least a month of rehabing and then getting back in the swing of things, and at that point and time if the elbow even holds up, i mean yes hes not gonna be playing in the field throwing with that elbow but there is still strain on that elbow even just swing a bat so with torn ligaments in that elbow i don't see this turning out for the best... oh and just one more thought that im hoping the Yanks don't allow but you have to keep in the back of your mind Nady will be a FA at the end of the season so he needs to show that he is worth another contract, so with that being said does he try to come back quicker then he should to have a 'showcase' his year this year?... on a note i hope Nady is productive the way he can be, but i don't think it will happen this year...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates