100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Future Rookies Column

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Future Rookies Column

Postby daullaz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:20 pm

FouLLine wrote:
daullaz wrote:Hey guys,

New article posted on the front page about Future Rookies. It's the third one in the series. Check it out and let me know what else or who else you'd like to see.

I'd like to see

Antonio Bastardo, Alcides Escobar, Gordon Beckham, and Carlos Gonzalez. Even though Beckham and Gonzalez might take awhile to hit the MLB scene this year.

Thanks. I took a look at Escobar in the first article of the season and have been tracking him in the hitter table. I also did a write-up on Beckham when he was made available in Yahoo, though I haven't been tracking him. Bastardo wouldn't get a writeup since he's in the majors now; if he goes back down, we might take a look at him. Aussie suggested Gonzalez as well; I'll try to feature him next week.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FouLLine » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:24 pm

daullaz wrote:
FouLLine wrote:

New article posted on the front page about Future Rookies. It's the third one in the series. Check it out and let me know what else or who else you'd like to see.

I'd like to see

Antonio Bastardo, Alcides Escobar, Gordon Beckham, and Carlos Gonzalez. Even though Beckham and Gonzalez might take awhile to hit the MLB scene this year.

Thanks. I took a look at Escobar in the first article of the season and have been tracking him in the hitter table. I also did a write-up on Beckham when he was made available in Yahoo, though I haven't been tracking him. Bastardo wouldn't get a writeup since he's in the majors now; if he goes back down, we might take a look at him. Aussie suggested Gonzalez as well; I'll try to feature him next week.

Well technically Bastardo doesn't debut for another 2 and a half hours...

Yeah Carlos Gonzalez is on a tear right now. No room for him though on that Rockie's roster.
FouLLine
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 pm

minor error in the column. josh vitters is listed in AAA for his last 10 games. unless i missed his callup that skipped AA :*)
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Montana168 wrote:minor error in the column. josh vitters is listed in AAA for his last 10 games. unless i missed his callup that skipped AA :*)

Fixed. Much thanks. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Nice picks to feature this week. ;-D ;-D ;-D

I was incorrect about Santana and 3B. This year he has played 31 games at C and 13 at DH. However he has 58 career games at 3B, so it's not impossible that they could end up moving him eventually. :-L
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby neoforce » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:00 am

daullaz wrote:
FouLLine wrote:

I'd like to see

I love your column, and have an idea that might help your readers, although I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement.

Since you did Escobar in an article, and have been tracking him since then, why not add a link from the tracking data to that article? So, when I click on Escobar's name, it would send me to http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2009 ... 040709.php where you wrote up about Escobar.

If the link is embedded in the table where you are tracking stats, you would need to explain where the link takes you. We are so used to clicking on a player name and getting stats, you might want a note that says the link goes to the original writeup for this rookie.

You could also have links for the players you aren't tracking currently, even if they are promoted to the MLB. Just a reference section at the end of your weekly article that says players who were covered previously in "Future Rookies" and links to their original writeup.

And to really stretch, you could do this with labels within the article so you go directly to the correct write up. (For example, on the link I gave for Escobar, it takes you to the top of the article, and not to Escobar's write up.)

Just some ideas to consider.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby daullaz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I will take them into consideration in the future. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby daullaz » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:46 pm

New Future Rookies, with a different format (looking at today's draft), is now live.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:39 pm

;-D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 261)

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Wow! Great job guys! ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers