doumit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

doumit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: doumit

Postby Auronx62 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Sooo.... does this mean that Nyjer Morgan would be affected via runs production?? Damn now they can pitch around Mclouth. Hopefully Laroche can pick up the slack. :-S
Auronx62
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 am

Ryan Doumit suffered a broken Scaphoid bone in his right wrist on Sunday, simply by swinging the bat. This is perhaps one of the worst bones to break because it has very, very poor blood flow - meaning poor healing. Not only that, but he throws right handed. He is due to have surgery on Thursday, with internal fixation with pins being necessary to approximate the fractured margins. While the initial estimate has him missing 8-10 weeks, it could be a real possibility that is out longer than that. Scaphoid fractures have a reputation for being nasty injuries that heal slowly or not at all, so we will all be holding our breaths for the CT scan that occurs in about a month. If good healing shows at that time, the 8-10 week estimate may hold true. If not, we’re dealing with an August return, if we’re lucky.

-The Disabled List Informer

Ugh, I may HAVE to drop him. That's a loong time to wait plus 8-10 weeks seems like a conservative guess based on this.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ScrappyDoo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:59 pm

I am currently rehabbing a broken scaphoid. I broke it in early August and I'm still not fully healed. I didn't have surgery, I was told to wait it out, and it really hasn't worked out that well. Obviously he will have top notch care, but I'd bet he is closer to missing 12-16 weeks than 8-10.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates