What's up with P. Fielder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's up with P. Fielder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's up with P. Fielder

Postby screwball1234 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I know he got off to a slow start in 08 but he still had 4HRs and 20RBIs .250AVG last April, hitting .176 so far this year. I had high hopes for a bounce back year in 09 maybe a 40HR season. Anyone think maybe my expectations are little too high?
screwball1234
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's up with P. Fielder

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:41 pm

the not eating meat has finally caught up to him...sell while you still can
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Sekrah » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 pm

He needs to get off his idiot vegetarian diet.

But in his defense, he should have another HR and 3 more RBIs right now as he got gloved on one vs Chicago two weeks ago.
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:47 pm

12 games into last year he was hitting .222 with a .597 OPS and 0 HR.

They aren't giving him a lot to hit because Braun and Hardy both aren't hitting either which is why he has the 10 BB already this year. The Brewers have also faced a whole lot of good pitching and half their games in extreme pitcher parks so far. Lincecum, Johnson, Cain, Volquez, Harden, Zambrano, Dempster, Santana. I would expect their offense to heat up over the next 2 weeks and then if one of their guys still isn't hitting at all I'd start to worry more. Much better parks and weaker pitching coming up over the next 2 weeks.

Fielder lost weight and looks a lot better in the field so far, that probably will help him out some overall and as was mentioned above he did get robbed of one HR.
Last edited by Ender on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Relax, it's only been 2 weeks.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby outflow » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:14 pm

He is looking pretty bad. A huge uppercut swing, bat isn't in the zone long and can't sit back to hit the outside pitch. He is too good not to turn it around but I would be shocked if it was soon (within the next month or so). Will then be a good buy low candidate if your league doesn't account K's. This is from a Brewers fan.
outflow
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Buy low, that's whats up.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby LostInTheSauce » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 pm

The simple answer is he sucks! The guy is completely overrated because of a fluke season where he hit 50 homers. He strikes out a ton hits for a mediocre average and doesn't drive in near enough runs for the lineup hes in. On CBS he has an ADP of 17 while Adrian Gonzalez is at 40, I'll take A-Gon anyday.

And yes, a fat pig that switches his entire existence (which was obviously food) to vegetarian is going to be affected negatively. All the people who use Tony Gonzalez, who was and is in peak condition, as a comparison always leave that point out.
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Fielder struck out less than Gonzalez last year btw and hit for about the same average. His power was about what you would expect after his slow start last year so I'm not buying the vegetarian made him lose his power theory either, that is just silliness.

If you want to bench him until he gets going I wouldn't have an issue with it but this isn't a guy you want to go selling low.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby LostInTheSauce » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Lets not leave out more hits runs homers and RBI's for Adrian yet he still goes 2 rounds later.
Last edited by LostInTheSauce on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostInTheSauce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers