New to Fantasy, Please Rate (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

New to Fantasy, Please Rate (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New to Fantasy, Please Rate (WHIR)

Postby battles » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:38 am

Hi everyone, this is actually my first time competing in fantasy baseball, so I'm trying my best to learn as I go. I would definitely value some advice/opinions on my roster to see where I can make improvements/trades/drops/pickups/etc. I'm currently playing in a 10 team h2h league with 10 cats (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP). My current roster is:

C - Russell Martin
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Robinson Canó
3B - Chris Davis
SS - Rafael Furcal
OF - Matt Kemp
OF - Alfonso Soriano
OF - Carlos Beltrán
Util - Jermaine Dye
BN - Jorge Posada
BN - Khalil Greene
DL - Álex Rodríguez

SP - A.J. Burnett
SP - Chad Billingsley
RP - Matt Lindstrom
RP - Matt Capps
P - Mike González
P - Chad Qualls
P - Scot Shields
BN - Kyle Lohse
BN - Josh Johnson
BN - Justin Verlander

Since I'm new, I'm not always sure on who to drop/pickup from waivers. Aaron Hill, Jason Bartlett, Kosuke Fukudome are amongst some of the players I currently see on waivers. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
battles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New to Fantasy, Please Rate (WHIR)

Postby gogogadget » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:20 pm

you have a good team here. I usually play in 12 team leagues but I am pretty sure this is a solid team for a 10 team league as well. The only thing I would say is get jorge off of the bench. I don't like having two catchers on a team, you could drop him for Jason Bartlett and you would be better off. Russell Martin is the only catcher you need.
gogogadget
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hey Hermano » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:04 pm

I don't think you need Scot Shields. Your league doesn't have holds or K/9 as categories, so good setup men are redundant.

I agree with the last dude, Jorge is also redundant.

See if you can get more starting pitching. In an H2H league, your bench should be mostly SPs that you rotate in and out.
Hey Hermano
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Hit Factory » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Hey there, you have a pretty solid team. I love your outfield Kemp is absolutely nastyyyyy and you have an abundance of closers. I would trade Chris Davis, you won't be needing his services once A-Rod comes back. Next, closers are extremely valuable, look to deal one for a starting pitcher, you are a little thin in that area. Look to dump Mike Gonzalez for starter, or package him with Chris Davis. Lastly I would drop Khalil Greene and pickup Aaron Hill.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheMadHungarian » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Shields is useless in your league. Drop him.

I agree with the above about Jorge and C.Davis. There's no need for two catchers. I'd move a catcher + Davis for a starter and pick up a third baseman off of waivers to keep the position warm for A-Roid. Good luck!
TheMadHungarian
College Coach
College Coach

Postby battles » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it. Yah I was wondering if having 2 catchers was really necessary, so I'll be dropping Jorge. I'll also look to add to SP as well and see what I can do with Chris Davis. Thanks again.
battles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team