Damaso Marte - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damaso Marte

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Damaso Marte

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:27 am

I just want to see what people's opinions and expectations for him are.

I dont see him getting more than 5-10 saves, but he should pick up a few wins, and his %s help you like a top 15 overall P.

I dont think Koch will hold onto the closer role, but I also think they got Takatsu as plan B because they dont want to pidgeon-hole Marte as a closer. They would rather use Marte as their bullpen ace and plug him in where the manager thinks he will be most effective - whether its the 6th inning or 9th.

My point is - you still should look for Marte as a valuable addition to you fantasy team, but dont draft him to get you saves.

What are your thoughts?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby perlick29 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:25 am

You basically hit the bail right on the head Marte has good whip, k/9 and era every year. Just an add-on koch has pitched well in the spring so far but will need to keep it up to keep takatsu and marte off his back. At least there is Jerry Manuel to mess it all up anymore.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EricF » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:49 am

I'm really interested in him because my league counts holds, but I think he will provide both holds and saves. You're probably right about a 10-15 save max. I don't see the Chicago situation so much as closer-by-committee, but periods of time where Koch will be the primary closer, Takatsu the primary closer, and Marte closing as needed.
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rohan » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:33 pm

Cornbread does have a point. Now I'm worried I drafted him as my second closer in the 17th round. I think there's a reason why the Sox brought in Takatsu. And that is when/ if Koch fails.
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers