J.J. Hardy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

J.J. Hardy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J.J. Hardy

Postby Sekrah » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Anyone else pulling their hair out over this guy.. Christ he hit .280 last two seasons and he has 5 hits in 42 at-bats (.119) to start the year. Anyone hear anything about what his swing problem might be?
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: J.J. Hardy

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Lot of hard hit balls right at people. Yesterday he'd have had a HR in most parks but found the deepest part of Citi field.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sekrah » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Ender wrote:Lot of hard hit balls right at people.

Now you're just deluding yourself.

His K% is 6 points higher than his career average, his LD% is 5 points down. He's swinging at terrible pitches out of the zone, he's not working counts.

He is absolutely SUCKING. (I hope I jinx myself and he breaks out in his last two atbats today, but he lookings fckin TERRIBLE!)
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:43 pm

You obviously haven't watched the games this season. He had 2 hits taken away from him in one game against SF. He had a couple of laser shots right at guys at the home opener. He hasn't had a great series vs the Mets but he has hit a few balls hard too and yesterday had a couple of really nice ABs late in the game.

BABIP blip more than anything. If you had already decided what was wrong with him why did you bother to come and ask? I thought the entire point of questions like this was to get feedback from the people who actually watch guys every day, I know that is generally why I ask about a guy.

Ask me about Braun and I'll say he looks hurt, ask me about Kendall and I'll tell you he has popped everything up or grounded weakly to 3B. Ask me about Fielder and I'll tell you they aren't giving him anything to hit and he is going off the plate to chase things some. Hardy is mostly hitting the ball well, when he struggles he grounds out a lot generally.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Sekrah » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Because I'm calling MOD EDIT on your analysis. #1. He's not hitting the ball consistantly hard, #2. He's striking out more than ever. Oops, there's another pop fly foul out.. Even the fans are making plays on this MOD EDIT.
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chem » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Hardy today:

Strikeout, ground out, foul out, pop out. The Mendoza cycle?
chem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby B-Chad » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Sekrah knows all everyone, no need to respond to his post, he'll be glad to answer his own questions, and mock anyone who tries to help :-P
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Sekrah wrote:Because I'm calling bullshit on your analysis. #1. He's not hitting the ball consistantly hard, #2. He's striking out more than ever. Oops, there's another pop fly foul out.. Even the fans are making plays on this jackass.

Hardy is a streaky hitter. If you play fantasy, you should know this. Nitpicking his percentages less than 10% into the season is a naive strategy at best. I'd be looking to buy in on him.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:15 pm

I covered on Hardy last week's Hot/Cold. I'm not sure if it's a matter with him adjusting to the 5th spot instead of the originally projected 2nd, but he's really streaky by nature. A couple of homeruns on a down streak isn't the least bit bad.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:04 pm

I'd advise Sekrah to just drop Hardy and move onto another Shortstop if he's really that down on him...

As a Hardy owner and I ain't sweatin' it too much. Dude runs hot and cold, and like Artful Dodger said, I'll gladly take homers in consecutive games in the middle of a player's cold streak. By the way, what are we... two weeks into the season? I can name a lot of mid-to-upper level hitters who have started off cold and/or unlucky.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers