Hot/Cold Player Tracker 2009 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hot/Cold Player Tracker 2009

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hot/Cold Player Tracker 2009

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Each Sunday, we publish a Hot/Cold column in the "Articles & Tips" section which discusses players who are in form (and not in good form), as well as a few recommendations on who you should buy low or sell high on. This thread serves as a discussion for Hot/Cold players throughout the year and will be bumped up whenever a new article is posted.

Current (6/21/09): Week 12

Past

Hot/Cold Week 11 (6/14/09)

Hot/Cold Week 10 (6/7/09)

Hot/Cold Week 9 (5/31/09)

Hot/Cold Week 8 (5/24/09)

Hot/Cold Week 7 (5/17/09)

Hot/Cold Week 6 (5/10/09)

Hot/Cold Week 5 (5/3/09)

Hot/Cold Week 4 (4/26/09)

Hot/Cold Week 3 (4/19/09)

Hot/Cold Week 2 (4/12/09)

Hot/Cold Week 1/Spring Training (4/5/09)

Also, I'd like to see this thread as an interactive player tracker, some players who you notice are scorching or slumping and they can be covered in next week's column. ;-D

Comments, concerns, questions, thoughts... abuse? Air it out here. Until then, be champions. B-)
Last edited by The Artful Dodger on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hot/Cold Player Tracker 2009

Postby Magnus_CA » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:13 pm

How will this thread differ from the buy low/sell high thread? Or will this serve only as the discussion thread for the weekly article?
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Magnus_CA wrote:How will this thread differ from the buy low/sell high thread? Or will this serve only as the discussion thread for the weekly article?

Yeah, it's for the weekly article discussion.

I feel the buy low/sell high thread is a bit different from a hot/cold thread too. The buy low/sell high thread should be a brainstorming recommendation for players to buy/sell whereas the hot/cold should serve as a convenient player tracker (as well as constructive discussion) especially for those owners who don't have any of the players listed here aboard their teams.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby auclairkeithbc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Somehow you left Greinke off the Hot list. He is also probably a sell high guy. You won't find an owner in every league that will believe he is a legit top 10 SP, but you will in many leagues.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:50 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:Somehow you left Greinke off the Hot list. He is also probably a sell high guy. You won't find an owner in every league that will believe he is a legit top 10 SP, but you will in many leagues.

He is a legit top 10 SP candidate.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:52 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:Somehow you left Greinke off the Hot list. He is also probably a sell high guy. You won't find an owner in every league that will believe he is a legit top 10 SP, but you will in many leagues.

Still don't believe huh? How much more does he need to do? A lot of us have been piping him up coming into the season and he's outdone all expectations. Technically he is a sell high, but as h0rt said, he's completely a legit top 10 SP this year.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby auclairkeithbc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm just saying you won't find an owner in every league that believes he is a legit top 10 guy. He is certainly pitching like one right now though. I know some people here really like him, and maybe you guys are right about him, but in MANY leagues with good fantasy owners, there won't be a buyer for Greinke. Clearly in many leagues with good fantasy owners, you will find some owners that are willing to give up a top 75 player or better for him (like some smart guys on this board), but I think a relatively small percentage of smart fantasy owners think he is worth that.

Either way, I think my original point stands. He is hot right. And he hasn't proven himself as a definite top 10 guy yet. And if someone gives you a player who has proven that already, you should take the deal. But you probably won't be able to get a perennial top 10 SP for him now.
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:11 pm

I was going to put down some thoughts on Greinke after last night's CG shutout, but I was writing this during UFC 97 and wanted to mail it in. I mean, I could've added Carlos Quentin while I was at it. :-b They'll both be on next week.

I don't know why Greinke hasn't proven in the past that he's top 10 material; last year he showed glimpses of that. Great pitch arsenal and coming into his own.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby auclairkeithbc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm

i mean, one of you is saying top 10 candidate. the other top 10 material. there are lots of players that fit that standard. 20 players easily, probably more .
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:18 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:i mean, one of you is saying top 10 candidate. the other top 10 material. there are lots of players that fit that standard. 20 players easily, probably more .

Both "top 10 candidate" and "top 10 material" are about one in the same thing. By the same token, a guy like Lester, Liriano, Gallardo, or Felix would be considered top 10 material if they broke out in full with the potential they have; Greinke is just another name to the hat.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers