Looking ahead at Strasburg in Yahoo leagues... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looking ahead at Strasburg in Yahoo leagues...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Looking ahead at Strasburg in Yahoo leagues...

Postby garf112 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 pm

the Nats are going to be in contention??? 8-o
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 pm

I think the Nats will have more players on their roster than wins by September. :-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Sekrah » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-4891-New-Mexi ... -Strasburg

"We did things with class and you know where I'm going with that. It was a great game for Lobo fans to see. Our kids competed and he (Strasburg) found out his fastball doesn't work with Lobos, he has to throw the curve ball."

"There is nothing I can fault my team for. They played their butts off," said Birmingham. "I tip my hat to him (Strasburg), but he needs to work on his demeanor."

The piss poor journalist who wrote this article included two quotes from opposing players who indicated they weren't happy with Strasburg's antics on the mound, but the writer didn't go into them. Anyone know what happened?
Sekrah
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby gws226 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
gws226 wrote:So you shouldn't see strasburg mysteriously/randomly added this year... he should go on waivers when he is called up in 09.

They also added a new league setting this year that overrides the "ST probability rule" so players are only added to the leagues database when the players actually makes the major league roster. If this rule is enabled by the GM, Wieters, Hanson and Zimmerman were not available on draft day. At least its consistant

There are multiple threads here on the Cafe where I've addressed this subject. In particular, what you're saying here is not necessarily true. With the new league setting you've mentioned, we have more flexibility to add players when there is interest, whether or not they've been promoted. I don't know if I'd call it mysterious or random, but if the powers that be decide Strasburg is sufficiently interesting, he could show up mid-season. Leagues that are horrified by that idea could have chosen to use the new league setting.

And no, I don't know if and/or when he'd be added.

Appreciate the correction!
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I think the Nats will have more players on their roster than wins by September. :-D

LOL, but true, so true.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby rippz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:20 pm

By the look of the title of this Yahoo! video "Fantasy Baseball: Pick Up Strasburg?", they think he is already in the player pool or at the very least he will be put in at some point this year.

Here is the video

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/ml ... b/13901036
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dooz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
gws226 wrote:So you shouldn't see strasburg mysteriously/randomly added this year... he should go on waivers when he is called up in 09.

They also added a new league setting this year that overrides the "ST probability rule" so players are only added to the leagues database when the players actually makes the major league roster. If this rule is enabled by the GM, Wieters, Hanson and Zimmerman were not available on draft day. At least its consistant

There are multiple threads here on the Cafe where I've addressed this subject. In particular, what you're saying here is not necessarily true. With the new league setting you've mentioned, we have more flexibility to add players when there is interest, whether or not they've been promoted. I don't know if I'd call it mysterious or random, but if the powers that be decide Strasburg is sufficiently interesting, he could show up mid-season. Leagues that are horrified by that idea could have chosen to use the new league setting.

And no, I don't know if and/or when he'd be added.

hey genie. thanks for all the time and effort.

im a commish of a plus league. im pretty sure i just imported the settings from last year. i dont remember choosing (i probably just forgot) an option on when to add to the player pool. is there any way customer support would change it for me? also, its a h2h league and the playoffs were set to none, which seemed wierd.

anyway, thanks for the help
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers