Bobby Abreu - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Abreu

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bobby Abreu

Postby CadensDad » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:45 am

silverZ wrote:
CadensDad wrote:He reminds me of VLAD a lot, we all keep saying/thinking that this is his year to drop off. But he manages to bounce back. I think he will manage a .302 AVG,/ 21 HR 110 RBI and 14 SB

Swap the HR with SB and I agree.

Yea, thats what I meant, 21 homers is out of the question. 14 might actually be a reach, but we will see

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bobby Abreu

Postby Tommy John » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:35 pm

I agree that Abreu will not suddenly knock out 30 HR again, but, in the Yanks lineup he was not counted on for the long-ball. We all know he can deliver the long ball if that is what he focuses his swing on (HR derby). It may make no difference, but with the kind of talent, plate discipline, and experience that Abreu posseses as a ball player it would not surprise me if he may try to pick up the slack in the power department with Vlad gone.

Players will play within themselves to help the team, but when the team gets a flat tire, the other 3 have to pick up the slack, Abreu could be thinking the same thing.

All speculation but I think it has merit. I'm not saying he will suddenly become a power threat, though it would not surprise me to see him hit 20 HR and run more often to put runners in scoring position with Vlad out.
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers