Just made a big trade. Leaves me with a few holes WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just made a big trade. Leaves me with a few holes WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just made a big trade. Leaves me with a few holes WHIR

Postby Spectrum » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:58 pm

OK, let me preface this by saying, this trade was proposed to me. And I really just had to accept it, I felt, despite the holes it leaves me with. I'll need to find a C until Wieters gets called up, a 3B, and I'll only have 2 SP left that aren't on the DL or in AAA.

The leagues scoring is annoying...

My current roster
12 Team Yahoo H2H
R/H/1B/2B/3B/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/SLG
GS/IP/W/SHO/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/K:BB

C- Victor Martinez (C/1B)
1B- Prince Fielder
2B- Dan Uggla
3B- Emilio Bonifacio (2B/3B)
SS- Troy Tulowitzki
OF- Torii Hunter
OF- Carl Crawford
OF- Grady Sizemore
Util- Travis Hafner

BN- Elijah Dukes
BN- Cameron Maybin
NA- Matt Wieters

SP- James Shields, Ricky Nolasco, Anibal Sanchez
RP- Brad Lidge, Francisco Cordero, Brandon Morrow, Ryan Franklin, Manny Corpas

NA- David Price
DL- Chris Carpenter
DL- Kelvim Escobar
DL- Brandon Webb

I'm trading
VMart / Lidge / Bonifacio / Anibal Sanchez / Torii Hunter

I Get

Braun / Holliday / Utley / Burrell

So, it leaves me with 2 starters not in the minors or on the DL, but I'll just hit the FA pool and stream if I have to. I'll probably just dump Burrell for a FA starter right off the bat. I have to hope Wieters gets called up sooner rather than later. I have to find a 3B as well. But, I can flip Uggla, and probably Holliday to pick up a 3B and a decent SP. I mean, I'm not crazy right? Am I missing something here?

I guess, I just wanted to share what I thought was highway robbery. Hopefully, the league doesn't vote this down. I mean, it was proposed to ME.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just made a big trade. Leaves me with a few holes WHIR

Postby bcbhockey68 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 pm

I wouldn't believe that trade even takes 5 seconds to get shut down It's ridiculous, but nice work if it doesn't you are just a few minor pickups or trades form winning the league. Thanks for the help on mine.
bcbhockey68
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Kuji » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

I'm sure there is a FA C that you can use while you wait for Wieters to show up, maybe someone like Yadier Molina (if he hasn't been picked up yet).

Aside from that, I wouldn't be surprised if you league decides to veto that trade, since the manager clearly has no idea what he is doing.
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spectrum » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Catchers available are like, Shoppach (likely my pickup), Suzuki, Navarro, Buck, Varitek, Pudge, Flores, Snyder, Teagarden

Options at 3rd are like, Mark Reynolds, Lowell, Blake, Wigginton, Teahen, Rolen, Ian Stewart, Josh Fields, Billy Hall, Crede, and Nomar.

I just picked up Chase Headley, who apparently is 3B eligible. I don't know how thrilled I am about his actual production as an everyday starter, but I'm going to see if Fields clears waivers and grab him if I can. Then after this trade goes through, I'm going to see if I can swap like Holliday for something like Chris Davis and a decent starter.

It looks like it's going to go through. League has to vote it down, and no one has voted against it, yet.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hit Factory » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 am

Hey man, that trade is insane hahah but if it doesn't get vetoed then you are in good shape lol. As far as who you should pickup from the WW, I like Shoppach as well, but keep an eye on Buck he is on fire now and if gets more playing time he could be worth a look. I would take either Mark Reynolds or Teahen.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheAverageJoes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 pm

I guess this guy didn't think that Braun or Holliday we going to come around..talk about impatient. and Utley??? V-mart's back but come on. Feel sorry for the guy..almost.
TheAverageJoes
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Hey Hermano » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 pm

So your team will have Sizemore, Braun, and Utley? Game over. That's almost wrong.

If you're going to grab a catcher, grab one quick, with Ryan Doumit breaking his wrist. Someone else in your league is probably hunting the waiver wire for a replacement.

I wouldn't be that worried about pitchers as Webb is coming back soon.

check out my team @ viewtopic.php?t=379613
Hey Hermano
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Spectrum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Yep, trade went through, w/o a complaint, and I have no idea why. But I'll take it.

Picked up Shoppach for the time being at Catcher. Not a whole lot of better options. Maybe Suzuki because he'll get more ABs...

Picked up Lowell at 3B for now, and offered Uggla for Chris Davis straight up. I'd like to pack him and Holliday for a 3B and pitcher, but no one seems to be biting, saying that Holliday can't hit outside of Coors. So when he get's going, I'll try moving him again.

did manage to flip Dukes for Wandy Rodriguez, and dropped Maybin for Jordan Zimmermann cause I needed to get a couple of starts early in the week.

Feeling really good about this team, but the 4 OFs (Braun/Sizemore/Crawford/Holliday) is kind of annoying me because I can't help wanting to get Hafner in the lineup, being an Indians homer.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team