Brand New Yankee Stadium... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brand New Yankee Stadium...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brand New Yankee Stadium...

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Opening day at the brand new Yankee stadium isn't looking so sweet today... CC and Cliff Lee with a nice battle going, CC gives way to bullpen and thats where it all unraveled for them... 9 Runs in a nasty looking 7th inning for the NY Relievers, grand slam by Sizemore in the inning and a solo shot to cap the inning off by Martinez... ouch, not a good day thus far, still 2 innings to go but looking like a big fat L in the column for the first game played in a billion+ dollar stadium yahtzee!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brand New Yankee Stadium...

Postby raygunpunx » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:06 pm

I thought this was an injury/player update section??
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby IrishDrunk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:11 pm

raygunpunx wrote:I thought this was an injury/player update section??

I think he's saying that the New Yankee Stadium (and especially the Yankee middle relievers) are broken. :-D
IrishDrunk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:11 pm

oh magine that already one touchy yankee fan, and actually it IS infact an update... its an update on one of the biggest stories coming into this year about this brand new stadium with one of the most powerful teams in the majors, its also an update in my eyes to show that the Yankee bullpen who many had some question marks about (thinking about moving Joba back to set up going with Bruney, Joba, Mariano) may just be legit... it may not be a single player specific update, but its an update on a bullpen in general and to update on how injuries may really be hurting the Yanks... don't be a poor sport it is an update get over it...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:11 pm

IrishDrunk wrote:

I think he's saying that the New Yankee Stadium (and especially the Yankee middle relievers) are broken. :-D

thank you, it was a bullpen in general update, which there have been many of them on here...

bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby californiasunshine » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:38 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:

oh magine that already one touchy yankee fan, and actually it IS infact an update... its an update on one of the biggest stories coming into this year about this brand new stadium with one of the most powerful teams in the majors, its also an update in my eyes to show that the Yankee bullpen who many had some question marks about (thinking about moving Joba back to set up going with Bruney, Joba, Mariano) may just be legit... it may not be a single player specific update, but its an update on a bullpen in general and to update on how injuries may really be hurting the Yanks... don't be a poor sport it is an update get over it...

wow he correctley corrected you without being rude and you lash out at him...........not cool :-t

and btw for your information this is NOT the forum for this, it's Venting.....he's right and your wrong
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JRAMI » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:30 am

I am not impressed with Yankee stadium, the place looks like a friggin museum rather than a ballpark. Thry blew it as far as Im concerned, when I go to a ballpark I dont want to feel like Im entering a museum or a chruch.
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Regalus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm

californiasunshine wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

wow he correctley corrected you without being rude and you lash out at him...........not cool :-t

and btw for your information this is NOT the forum for this, it's Venting.....he's right and your wrong

I would have to agree with you ;-) This is an injury and "Player" Updates forum. I dont believe it is a forum for stadium/news stories updates. Sorry Dude :-X
Regalus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RenPastana » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Hitters or pitchers park? too early to tell? I know that RC and LC are huge! almost 400 ft but down the lines, shoot, I could hit a bomb there if I owned a bat! ha!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spectrum » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Might be pretty safe to say, Jason Kendall might hit 10hr a year if he were a Yankee.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates