Pablo Sandoval - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pablo Sandoval

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pablo Sandoval

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:57 pm

neoforce wrote:Don't count on it. I've been following this forever, and we were really getting close. They sent down the backup C, and it looked like Pablo would get his last two C starts.

Then he tweaked his arm.

They immediately called up a backup C, and since then won't even start Pablo at 3B anymore. I can't see them putting him at C, they need his bat too badly to mess with injury.

I've given up on him getting the two more starts at C that I need.

I'm not really counting on it, but it wouldn't surprise me either. Although he tweaked his elbow, we are only in the middle of June. If it isn't bad enough where he can still hit effectively, and with three months of baseball left, sneaking a start in here or there isn't out of the question - all it takes is one DL stint by either catcher. It's probably not likely, but I think there is a decent chance that it happens.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Splendid61 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:25 pm

I agree there's a decent chance of Sandoval getting 2 more starts at catcher, especially if the Giants keep playing well (they would be the NL wildcard if the playoffs started today), which they should given their pitching.

Bengie Molina is sporting a .269 OBP and the other catcher is prematurely gray and owns a career .288 OBP in 9 minor-league seasons.

Splendid61
College Coach
College Coach

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:40 pm

I see where the "White" in Whiteside comes from :-b . In all seriousness though, I think we'll get a better idea after the All-Star break. I'm hoping that they'll test the strength of his elbow and take a look at it during the ASB and determine whether he needs to stay at 1B the remainder of the year. If he comes out of the ASB back at 3B I'd be thrilled, because it would lead me to believe he's healthy enough he might vulture 2 starts behind the dish. On a side note, if he's healthy enough, you'd think the Giants would want to move him back across the diamond so they don't have to start Juan Uribe and they may be able to give a second look to Jesus Guzman. On a side note, and just ranting a bit, when are the Giants going to give John Bowker a look in the corner OF, he's raking, his BB:K is jaw dropping, and his OBP is over .450! Even in the hitter friendly PCL you'd think the Giants would want to give him a look after making such big strides this year, given the poor offense.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby B-Chad » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Pablo started at 3B today... good news for his elbow, and perhaps a couple more starts behind the dish! :-D
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby neoforce » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 pm

B-Chad wrote:Pablo started at 3B today... good news for his elbow, and perhaps a couple more starts behind the dish! :-D

Yup. After my pessimistic post just yesterday I am upgrading myself to cautiously optimistic that Pablo will get two more C appearances.

There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:39 pm

After today he has his line up to .338/.390/.550/.940

BB (non-INT):
April/March- 3 BB (80 PA)
May- 5 BB (100 PA)
June- 8 BB (74 PA)

HRs:
April/March- 1 HR (80 PA)
May- 2 HR (100 PA)
June- 5 HR (74 PA)

He's still only 22 years old and is getting better and better. as he starts taking more walks he's going to get better pitches to see and start hitting for more power. This guy has legit skillz and is on the path to being a star imo.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 425)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:51 pm

btw is he going to get any more PT at catcher? sure would love to see him retain C-eligibility for 2010.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby B-Chad » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:51 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:After today he has his line up to .338/.390/.550/.940

BB (non-INT):
April/March- 3 BB (80 PA)
May- 5 BB (100 PA)
June- 8 BB (74 PA)

HRs:
April/March- 1 HR (80 PA)
May- 2 HR (100 PA)
June- 5 HR (74 PA)

He's still only 22 years old and is getting better and better. as he starts taking more walks he's going to get better pitches to see and start hitting for more power. This guy has legit skillz and is on the path to being a star imo.

The most exciting thing up his stats trending up, is that they will play at 1B or 3B, not just at C, a position that is obviously just being kept warm by Bengie for Buster Posey. Now hopefully Sabean doesn't do something stupid at the deadline, and it's starting to shape up to be an exciting time as a Giants fan! :-D
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:35 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:btw is he going to get any more PT at catcher? sure would love to see him retain C-eligibility for 2010.

i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a couple more starts there throughout the rest of the season.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 425)

Postby cnote23 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:51 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:btw is he going to get any more PT at catcher? sure would love to see him retain C-eligibility for 2010.

i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a couple more starts there throughout the rest of the season.
He should get like 4 or 5 more starts max this season but I think he will take over at first most of the time.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers