Another Reason to Hate the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another Reason to Hate the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Another Reason to Hate the Yankees

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:40 pm

CadensDad wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
Madison wrote:
And the horribly attempted insult says way more about you than anything I could. I mean call me ugly, say I dress funny, whatever, that wouldn't make you look nearly as pitiful as trying to jerk my chain with the lame attempt at an insult. I almost feel sorry for you.

This is not the first debate Matthias has been in that he has felt the need to get personal with either, when he isn't able to "win" his argument he goes ahead and starts taking personal jabs.

Mod Edited

Sad to see that got edited, I wont post it back up since I'd rather not get banned.

It's in the quoted response though. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby californiasunshine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

I'm Canadian but I'm just going to assume you guys have similar possible identical laws. The right to not be disrupted during a ceremony is simply NOT a right, it might be unethical or rude or whatever you like but legally it has no bearing. The right to freedom of speech IS a right, that's in regards to him saying that he doesn't care about God Bless America (seriously though is that like your 2nd anthem or what?). The right to freedom of religion IS a right also so legally he wouldn't have to stand/seat or whatever. Yankee stadium IS governed by state/federal laws so private property law doesn't apply here. The right to mobility IS also a right (In Canada but again I doubt you don't have it). So legally they couldn't restrain him at his seat.

I understand those that disagree but legally speaking the man is completely right, whether a judge actually bothers to listen or care is another matter. Discuss opinions as much as you want but he is legally allowed to go to the washroom.

Rant over
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Found out today that two friends of one of my friends were thrown out of Yankee Stadium last week. Not because they wouldn't stand for God Bless America, but because there were two guys in front of them who wouldn't who they proceeded to verbally berate. No action was taken against the two guys who didn't want to stand for the song, but the guys who were hassling them were promptly removed from the stadium.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm sorry, but this all all f'ing stupid. First of all, one shouldn't be kicked out of a game for going to the pisser at anytime during any game, but it's equally as stupid for this big-ass baby to sue the Yankees for being kicked out. How much is he suing for? Anything more than face-value on the ticket is simply ABUSRD.

This country is going to hell quicker than a bum eats a bologna sandwich. :-{
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 am

chargerss24 wrote:I'm sorry, but this all all f'ing stupid. First of all, one shouldn't be kicked out of a game for going to the pisser at anytime during any game, but it's equally as stupid for this big-ass baby to sue the Yankees for being kicked out. How much is he suing for? Anything more than face-value on the ticket is simply ABUSRD.

I like bologna sandwiches

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:18 am

CadensDad wrote:
chargerss24 wrote:I'm sorry, but this all all f'ing stupid. First of all, one shouldn't be kicked out of a game for going to the pisser at anytime during any game, but it's equally as stupid for this big-ass baby to sue the Yankees for being kicked out. How much is he suing for? Anything more than face-value on the ticket is simply ABUSRD.

I like bologna sandwiches

And I like a girl with a nice bum.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 am

Yes, it is a free country, but take 90 seconds out of your life to show respect for the men fighting over seas that do allow you to go to the bathroom whenever you please. I agree with Madison, the whole story is not being told here. If he were to say he had to go to the bathroom very badly, then there would not be a problem. Saying I don't care about God Bless America to people in New York City is the worst thing to do. For all he knows that security guard could have lost a wife, child, father, mother, or best friend on that horrific day.

Show some respect, I know it is hard for most human beings, but on the subject of September 11 and Patriotism it should be a no brainer.
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 pm

I've asked people to stand or remove their hats during a National Anthem. Seems some people simply forget, don't care, or really don't even know, what is expected of you during this tribute.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've asked people to stand or remove their hats during a National Anthem. Seems some people simply forget, don't care, or really don't even know, what is expected of you during this tribute.

i used to just sit down and go about my business but ever since 9/11 i'm worried about some over-patriotic dude thinking he's Rambo and trying to start something with me...now i just stand up and eat my hot-dog or drink my beer...if i even get to my seat on time that is
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I've asked people to stand or remove their hats during a National Anthem. Seems some people simply forget, don't care, or really don't even know, what is expected of you during this tribute.

i used to just sit down and go about my business but ever since 9/11 i'm worried about some over-patriotic dude thinking he's Rambo and trying to start something with me...now i just stand up and eat my hot-dog or drink my beer...if i even get to my seat on time that is

Why? That just sounds intentionally disrespectful to me, which comes across as childish. I suppose I can understand indifference, if you were born here, don't know history, and take what you have for granted, but it's almost like you go out of your way or are proud of the fact that you don't (and don't have to like other countries) recognize the Anthem. I'm seriously curious, not trying to get under your skin. Why disregard the Anthem intentionally? You don't see it as a tribute to the decades of warriors who protect our interests?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk