Another Reason to Hate the Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another Reason to Hate the Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Another Reason to Hate the Yankees

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:41 am

Madison wrote:
That says a ton about the people who voted in the poll if you worded that the way it was worded in the poll. People buy tickets to the movies and are required to be seated, people buy tickets to amusement parks and are not only required to be seated on the rides, but they are strapped in. Plane tickets, bus tickets, concerts, comedian acts, magic acts, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on, so those poll results are quite funny. :-b

pretty sure i can get up to take a leak if i feel like it at the movie theatre :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Madison wrote:
And the horribly attempted insult says way more about you than anything I could. I mean call me ugly, say I dress funny, whatever, that wouldn't make you look nearly as pitiful as trying to jerk my chain with the lame attempt at an insult. I almost feel sorry for you.

This is not the first debate Matthias has been in that he has felt the need to get personal with either, when he isn't able to "win" his argument he goes ahead and starts taking personal jabs.

Mod Edited

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

Postby fezzik » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Madison wrote:
And the horribly attempted insult says way more about you than anything I could. I mean call me ugly, say I dress funny, whatever, that wouldn't make you look nearly as pitiful as trying to jerk my chain with the lame attempt at an insult. I almost feel sorry for you.

This is not the first debate Matthias has been in that he has felt the need to get personal with either, when he isn't able to "win" his argument he goes ahead and starts taking personal jabs.

Mod Edited

As an objective reader of this thread, this quote leaves me speechless...oh, the hypocrisy. Although I suppose CadensDad never suggested he would resort to something other than a personal jab himself. Regardless...at the very least ironic.

Anyway, I don't have a huge opinion on this topic. Doesn't seem like much of a rights issue to me unless (like Mattias mentioned) it can be shown that the Yankees are not solely a private entity and as such would have to abide by laws/rules governing public venues. I agree with Mookie's earlier assessment.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Good thread with nice arguments from both sides. ;-D

But, would it be better if the guy took a dump in his pants during the song? Or how about urinate in an empty cup in front of everyone? I know it sounds like I'm trying to be funny, and to an extent, I am, but if he needs to use the restroom, why throw him out if he needs to?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 66)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Madison wrote:
That says a ton about the people who voted in the poll if you worded that the way it was worded in the poll. People buy tickets to the movies and are required to be seated, people buy tickets to amusement parks and are not only required to be seated on the rides, but they are strapped in. Plane tickets, bus tickets, concerts, comedian acts, magic acts, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on, so those poll results are quite funny. :-b

pretty sure i can get up to take a leak if i feel like it at the movie theatre :-?

I'm pretty sure that in every one of those things that are listed, save being strapped into an amusement park ride, one can get up and visit the restroom as they deem necessary without repercussion.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 820)

Postby Matthias » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Madison wrote:
Matthias wrote:I didn't realize we were going to play nit-pick, but the wording on the poll is:
Oh my 'God'
Should sports fans be allowed to move around during "God Bless America"?
    Yes. A paying fan should be allowed to move around whenever - except when in danger.
    No. It's disrespectful and shouldn't be tolerated.
    I don't care. I never go to sporting events.

But if you want to make fun of the New Yorkers voting in the poll that last night you were so hyper-sensitive to their feelings and emotions on a tribute to the World Trade Center attacks, then be my guest. And don't worry about the hypocrisy of pandering to New Yorkers and then ridiculing us in the next breath; we've gotten used to it from Republicans.

You are way too sensitive man. :-b I wasn't nitpicking, I was asking a question. Sheesh. :*)

I didn't realize this was a question.
Madison wrote:That says a ton about the people who voted in the poll if you worded that the way it was worded in the poll. People buy tickets to the movies and are required to be seated, people buy tickets to amusement parks and are not only required to be seated on the rides, but they are strapped in. Plane tickets, bus tickets, concerts, comedian acts, magic acts, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on, so those poll results are quite funny. :-b

Actually, rereading it, I still don't. What's your question there exactly?
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:30 am

Matthias wrote:I don't almost feel sorry for you; I feel genuinely sorry for you. You have to construct wild scenarios to keep the world spinning how you conceive it.

Hilarious to hear you accuse me of "constructing" anything. :-b

DaShiz23 wrote:but if he needs to use the restroom, why throw him out if he needs to?

Exactly. And I'm sure he wasn't the first person to need to use the restroom during the song, and others have probably done it since this happened, yet he's the only one who was thrown out. There has to be more to this story than we're being told.

Matthias wrote:Actually, rereading it, I still don't. What's your question there exactly?

I was asking if you worded the poll the way it was worded on the site because the way you worded it didn't make the people responding to it sound too bright. I figured you typed it differently than what it was really posted as.

Anywho, this discussion has run its course. A guy disrupted a time of a remembrance ceremony for the victims of 9/11 and those affected by it, while on property he does not own, got thrown out, and is now suing. You think that's fine, I don't. The argument has reached sewer levels I don't care to swim in, so I am done with this thread.

And yes, I'm well-aware you won't let me walk away. You can't "win" the argument if you let me walk away.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't really see what the big deal is here. Many sporting venues have rules about when people can walk to their seats. For instance at the Boston Garden, the ushers stop you at the tunnel until their is a break in the action so you won't disturb others by going to your seat. Could i sue the Boston Celtics for violating my Constitutional rights? This rule is just an extension of that rule, saying that people can neither go to their seats or leave their seats during a specified period of time.

And people sue cops all the time for getting kicked out of sporting events, and the suits invariably get dismissed.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby thedude » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Matthias wrote: Besides, who knows? For all we know, the ACLU was waiting until Opening Day to see if the Yankees were going to continue the policy because if they were seeking a change to the rule, their suit would be voided for mootness if the Yankees changed their policy for 2009.

It isn't the ACLU. The attorneys are NYU Law students in an NYU Law clinic.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:19 pm

CadensDad wrote:
Madison wrote:

Mod Edited

Sad to see that got edited, I wont post it back up since I'd rather not get banned.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk