Ray, Corpas, & Perez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ray, Corpas, & Perez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ray, Corpas, & Perez

Postby wildbill » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:21 pm

3rice wrote:Ryan Franklin pitched for his second save today and in 4 appearances has yet to give up a run.

Its his job to lose imo. I would factor his early success in w/ Perez's chances.

I can't remember where but I read Franklin blew 8 if 25 save chances last year and his other numbers weren't very impressive. I don't think he's a long term answer. Perez and Motte were probably both unavailable today given recent workload. Either of them would be better long term compared to Franklin.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 3rice » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:27 pm

Corpas was just named the new closer for Colorado over Huston

Perez pitched but earned a blown save today after being brought up 2 days ago. Translation Ryan Franklin.
Yea I know he blew 8 saves last year but everyone in St louis is claiming that this guy will be the guy for the rest of the season and perez will be groomed to as the set up option.

As for Ray...give it another month. I dont think Sherril is going to lose the job though w/o a fight.
3rice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:48 pm

3rice wrote:Corpas was just named the new closer for Colorado over Huston

Perez pitched but earned a blown save today after being brought up 2 days ago. Translation Ryan Franklin.
Yea I know he blew 8 saves last year but everyone in St louis is claiming that this guy will be the guy for the rest of the season and perez will be groomed to as the set up option.

As for Ray...give it another month. I dont think Sherril is going to lose the job though w/o a fight.

I wouldn't count out Motte just yet, his last 3 outings were very good, with the only run allowed after he was out of the game and the LHP who replaced him failed to do his job. He had two 1-2-3 innings out of those outings. Both he and Perez were probably unavailable yesterday. Ie might be Franklin's job, but LaRussa is not easily predictable.

As for Corpas, I still don't understand how a RP with no blown saves loses the closer role to a guy with a blown save after less then 2 weeks into the season. I'd love to be in their managers fantasy league, the guy panics real easy.

I think Sherril will hold the job until he gets traded, probably in July as long as he's doing an adequate job. Otherwise they hurt his trade value.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Motte, Thorton, & Putz shouldn't be on ur team and u should be starting Corpas, Ray, & Perez as I think all three will be closing for the majority of the year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates