Nady likely done for year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nady likely done for year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Nady likely done for year

Postby Crazed98 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:35 am

FantasyGuruORNot wrote:Swisher sucks, the guy will kill your AVG, he swings at everything.

He doesn't suck but will kill your Avg. I was going to draft him with my last pick but someone had gotten to him first.

I drafted Nady early maybe 10-11th Rnd but I was expecting a good year from him... oh well I'm sure I'll find something on the WW once he gets DLed in my league.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LostInTheBoom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am

Nah, his .440 BA right now seems legitimate to me... :-B

Seriously, though, he's not terrible. He has the power potential to hit 30 HRs and he walks enough to keep his OBP at a decent level...as long as he hits .250.
LostInTheBoom
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby neoforce » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:54 am

FantasyGuruORNot wrote:Swisher sucks, the guy will kill your AVG, he swings at everything.

In fantasy that may be true. But in real life baseball, Swisher can have a great OBP and I think he has much more value to the real life Yankees than Nady. I care because I'm a Yankees fan!! Although I didn't want to lose Nady, he provided great depth, I would prefer to lose him over Swisher.

This is also why in fantasy I play with OBP instead of AVG. Fantasy value doesn't have to mirror real life value, but of all of the old stats, AVG is the stupidest and I'm glad I don't have to worry about it in my leagues.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kuji » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:18 am

RenPastana wrote:Right...I forget not all of us play in competitive leagues...pfff...in all of my 12 team leagues, Nady went around the 13th, 14th and 15th rounds...Want a real sleeper? Spilly baby! You guys are a joke

Thank god you're not trying to attack us or the poor Yanks :-D
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zebulon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm

We changed our league this year to use OBP instead of AVG, so someone like Swisher is actually more valuable in our league.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby neoforce » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Maybe not done for the year. from Rotoworld:

Xavier Nady-OF- Yankees Apr. 21 - 3:39 pm et
Xavier Nady reportedly won't need surgery on his injured right elbow and is expected be able to return this season after rehab.
SI.com reports that Nady is feeling better, but is likely to need weeks of rehab and could be out a month. When he does return, he may do so as a DH in order to relieve his elbow from the strain of throwing, and to provide some insurance for Hideki Matsui, who continues to be troubled by his surgically repaired knees.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby kingmike74 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:18 am

So from what I have read, nady has about a 90% chance of returning within the next 4 weeks. Any reason to think different.
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby neoforce » Thu May 28, 2009 9:38 am

kingmike74 wrote:So from what I have read, nady has about a 90% chance of returning within the next 4 weeks. Any reason to think different.

It does seem to be looking good for him, probably around late June as you suggest. One problem for the Yankees is that he will probably be able to return as a DH before as an OF. Throwing is obviously the issue.

The Yankees already have a DH who can't play OF (Matsui) so I can see them delaying Nady longer to be sure he can play OF.
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates