Nady likely done for year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nady likely done for year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nady likely done for year

Postby smalls2598 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Per Rotoworld:

Xavier Nady told The Journal News that an MRI found a tear in his elbow and he'll see a doctor in New York on Thursday.
It sounds like Nady could need season-ending Tommy John surgery. The Yankees would be just fine with Nick Swisher as their everyday right fielder for the rest of the season, but the loss of depth could prove costly later on. Melky Cabrera would again become a regular if anything happened to any of the top three outfielders or perhaps to DH Hideki Matsui or first baseman Mark Teixeira. The Yanks do have minor leaguer Juan Miranda as an alternative at the latter two spots, however. Apr. 15 - 2:03 pm et
smalls2598
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nady likely done for year

Postby mcliffy2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Glad I picked up Swisher this morning, his stock just shot up.
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kuji » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 pm

I dropped Nady for Nyjer Morgan, Nick Swisher was missing.

Poor Nady, I had him as my sleeper =/
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:30 pm

It sucks that Nady's season is likely over but

Kuji wrote:I dropped Nady for Nyjer Morgan, Nick Swisher was missing.

Nady as a sleeper! please! He plays for the Yanks...and had an above avg yr last yr...not a sleeper! sry to break it to u
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kuji » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:35 pm

RenPastana wrote:It sucks that Nady's season is likely over but

Nady as a sleeper! please! He plays for the Yanks...and had an above avg yr last yr...not a sleeper! sry to break it to u

What does playing with the Yanks have anything to do about it? :-o That's like saying I am not picking Zack Greinke because he's on the Royals.
It was the same line of thought with players like Aviles or Milledge, and both of 'em have had slow starts. Jeez :-t
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:11 pm

Kuji wrote:

What does playing with the Yanks have anything to do about it? :-o That's like saying I am not picking Zack Greinke because he's on the Royals.
It was the same line of thought with players like Aviles or Milledge, and both of 'em have had slow starts. Jeez :-t

Thank you for emphasizing my point even more...You will not find a sleeper in the Yankees simply because they're the Yankees and get all the attention in the world, along with the Sox and Mets.

Nady hit 25 HR and had almost 100 RBI's last yr (97)..not a sleeper! He's a proven player that everybody already knows about...

This is not an attack on you, just clarifying that Nady was never a sleeper this yr...perhaps last yr but not this yr! definitely not!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 pm

RenPastana wrote:
Kuji wrote:

Thank you for emphasizing my point even more...You will not find a sleeper in the Yankees simply because they're the Yankees and get all the attention in the world, along with the Sox and Mets.

Nady hit 25 HR and had almost 100 RBI's last yr (97)..not a sleeper! He's a proven player that everybody already knows about...

This is not an attack on you, just clarifying that Nady was never a sleeper this yr...perhaps last yr but not this yr! definitely not!

your argument is just terrible. he has the potential to be a sleeper based solely on his ADP
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RenPastana » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 am

activechamp2006 wrote:
RenPastana wrote:
Kuji wrote:

your argument is just terrible. he has the potential to be a sleeper based solely on his ADP

Right...I forget not all of us play in competitive leagues...pfff...in all of my 12 team leagues, Nady went around the 13th, 14th and 15th rounds...Want a real sleeper? Spilly baby! You guys are a joke
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:16 am

RenPastana wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
RenPastana wrote:

Right...I forget not all of us play in competitive leagues...pfff...in all of my 12 team leagues, Nady went around the 13th, 14th and 15th rounds...Want a real sleeper? Spilly baby! You guys are a joke

who said Nady was a sleeper? I was referring to Nick Swisher.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyGuruORNot » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 am

Swisher sucks, the guy will kill your AVG, he swings at everything.
FantasyGuruORNot
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates