Dice-K / Cliff Lee - Bigger Bust? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dice-K / Cliff Lee - Bigger Bust?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dice-K / Cliff Lee - Bigger Bust?

Postby raysfan4life » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Midnight_Toker wrote:
raysfan4life wrote:I've got both these schmos, and I'm paying for it. Trying a pitching and speed strategy, which I think would work, had I chosen the right pitchers. So far, Lincecum, Lee and Dice-K have all disappointed. So who is the bigger bust after 2 starts? Lee or Dice-K?

More to the point, which one do you think will get back on track first (if either of them do at all)?

I love threads like these. It's barely 2 weeks into the season, and we get sheer brilliance like this. If you expected a repeat performance from Lee this year, you deserve to get owned. Dice - K was just placed on the DL today .... so apparently, his arm is in fact bothering him. Yes, Lincecum hasn't been very good in his first 2 outings ...... so, when you dropping him? Or when are you ready to declare him a bust? Week 3? :*)

I'm sorry - I thought this was a forum for people to discuss opinions, strategies, etc. on the day-to-day happenings on their teams and in the baseball world in general. My mistake. Here, does this work for you - "So far, some of my players are performing a little below expectations, and some are performing a little above expectations, and it's a long season, and players will have their ups and downs. I'll post this same thing in a mont. Also, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and water is wet. Tune in next month for the exac same pinpoint analysis".

I'm simply stating these two guys are not only not living up to their expectations, but they are off to bad starts. Is that arguable? Did I say I planned on dropping either of them? No - I asked who is a bigger bust at this point. If you would feel more comfortable with me re-wording it, fine. "Which of these two high-profile starting pitchers has underperformed commensurate with generally accepted expectations level thus far?" Is that better for you, Mr. Baseball?

By the way, Captain Baseball, I did not expect a repeat from Lee o Dice-K...they're my fifth and sixth starters, respectively.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Soilantgreen64 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:03 am

raysfan4life wrote:
Midnight_Toker wrote:
raysfan4life wrote:I've got both these schmos, and I'm paying for it. Trying a pitching and speed strategy, which I think would work, had I chosen the right pitchers. So far, Lincecum, Lee and Dice-K have all disappointed. So who is the bigger bust after 2 starts? Lee or Dice-K?

More to the point, which one do you think will get back on track first (if either of them do at all)?

I love threads like these. It's barely 2 weeks into the season, and we get sheer brilliance like this. If you expected a repeat performance from Lee this year, you deserve to get owned. Dice - K was just placed on the DL today .... so apparently, his arm is in fact bothering him. Yes, Lincecum hasn't been very good in his first 2 outings ...... so, when you dropping him? Or when are you ready to declare him a bust? Week 3? :*)

I'm sorry - I thought this was a forum for people to discuss opinions, strategies, etc. on the day-to-day happenings on their teams and in the baseball world in general. My mistake. Here, does this work for you - "So far, some of my players are performing a little below expectations, and some are performing a little above expectations, and it's a long season, and players will have their ups and downs. I'll post this same thing in a mont. Also, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and water is wet. Tune in next month for the exac same pinpoint analysis".

I'm simply stating these two guys are not only not living up to their expectations, but they are off to bad starts. Is that arguable? Did I say I planned on dropping either of them? No - I asked who is a bigger bust at this point. If you would feel more comfortable with me re-wording it, fine. "Which of these two high-profile starting pitchers has underperformed commensurate with generally accepted expectations level thus far?" Is that better for you, Mr. Baseball?

By the way, Captain Baseball, I did not expect a repeat from Lee o Dice-K...they're my fifth and sixth starters, respectively.

I know you're trying to save face, but what did you do, draft a pitcher every round? Saying they are your 5th and 6th starters doesn't make any sense...

Lee looked fine today, and Dice-K has been hurt obviously. His point, rightly so, is that it's stupid to lose your mind over pitchers after a few bad starts.
Soilantgreen64
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raysfan4life » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:08 am

Soilantgreen64 wrote:
raysfan4life wrote:
Midnight_Toker wrote:

I know you're trying to save face, but what did you do, draft a pitcher every round? Saying they are your 5th and 6th starters doesn't make any sense...

Lee looked fine today, and Dice-K has been hurt obviously. His point, rightly so, is that it's stupid to lose your mind over pitchers after a few bad starts.

Not to get off on a completely diferent subject, but as a matter of fact, I did go pitching heavy. I drafted J. Sanatana, T. Lincecum, R. Halladay, and J. Shields before both of them. They are my 5th and 6th starters. I drafted for speed on offense - trying a new strategy...there's a separate thread about it.

So the answer to your question is yes, I did draft pitching every round. Got all those guys plus Scherzer, E. Santana, Papelbon, Rivera, Soria, and Morrow.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Midnight_Toker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:50 am

raysfan4life wrote:
Midnight_Toker wrote:

First of all ...
Midnight_Toker wrote:Also, I don't think this post belongs here. This Definitely is not an Injury or player update.

This ^^^ probably belongs in Cheering and venting or Fantasy Leftovers.

Brah, you absolutely have a right to complain about two "5 and 6 starters" on your team............ 1 1/2 weeks into the Baseball season.

And conversely, I have a right to tell you to not to lose your mind less than 2 weeks into the season.

Personally, I don't believe Lee will repeat last years numbers, but he's still a very nice pitcher when he's on. Instead of declaring him a bust, try looking at his first start @ Texas. He got bombed on in a hitters park. That Rangers offense is Nasty and has put up a lot of runs. And he pitched well tonight and worked out of a lot of jams against the Yankees. So, besides playing @ Texas, he could be working out mechanical flaws, rustiness, etc. And Dice K did have arm issues and was placed on the DL.

Maybe that would explain some of their "busti-ness" 1 1/2 weeks into the season.

raysfan4life wrote: By the way, Captain Baseball

I actually prefer Buddha of Baseball or Baseball Guru, lol (strong e - thuggin) ^^^

Thanks to SmooveThug for the Sigs!
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raysfan4life » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Midnight_Toker wrote:
raysfan4life wrote:
Midnight_Toker wrote:

First of all ...
Midnight_Toker wrote:Also, I don't think this post belongs here. This Definitely is not an Injury or player update.

This ^^^ probably belongs in Cheering and venting or Fantasy Leftovers.

Brah, you absolutely have a right to complain about two "5 and 6 starters" on your team............ 1 1/2 weeks into the Baseball season.

And conversely, I have a right to tell you to not to lose your mind less than 2 weeks into the season.

Personally, I don't believe Lee will repeat last years numbers, but he's still a very nice pitcher when he's on. Instead of declaring him a bust, try looking at his first start @ Texas. He got bombed on in a hitters park. That Rangers offense is Nasty and has put up a lot of runs. And he pitched well tonight and worked out of a lot of jams against the Yankees. So, besides playing @ Texas, he could be working out mechanical flaws, rustiness, etc. And Dice K did have arm issues and was placed on the DL.

Maybe that would explain some of their "busti-ness" 1 1/2 weeks into the season.

raysfan4life wrote: By the way, Captain Baseball

I actually prefer Buddha of Baseball or Baseball Guru, lol (strong e - thuggin) ^^^

All good - points well taken. Validated by his start in Yankeeville yesterday. No hard feelings - I just get a little hot sometimes, and I'm only reacting like this because I'm trying a new strategy that is blowing up in my face thus far, just like most told me it would. Still confident for season overall, but when you spend your first 10 picks on pitching to load up, and Lincecum, Dice-K, Lee, and Shields all start the way they did, it's a little bit of a shot to the gut, because besides speed and runs, my offense SUCKS OUT LOUD!!!
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Midnight_Toker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Brah, I hear you and there is no hard feelings on my end either. It's very frustrating to see guys you've drafted not play to your expectations. However, Fantasy baseball is a marathon. Don't sweat a few bad starts early on in the season, it sounds like you've got tons of depth anyway. Good luck on your strategy and your league! ;-D

Thanks to SmooveThug for the Sigs!
Midnight_Toker
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mac-unit » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:42 pm

I thought Lee will have a decent season, not worth where he was drafted. I avoided Dice-K at all costs in all my leagues.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates