Right-wing Americans now considered potential terrorist - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Right-wing Americans now considered potential terrorist

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Right-wing Americans now considered potential terrorist

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 pm

lol

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Yes I will raise a stink about it but I don't plan to get violent about things I'm passionate about. I plan to act under lawful channels, gather support, carry signs, pester government officials with petitions, get news time, write articles, convince people that disagree, and inform those that don't know enough.

Call me back when someone gets arrested for having a camera near a government building under the Obama administration's rules.

Lots of people in Venezuela probably said the same thing after Chavez was democratically elected. Oopsie. Democracies collapse incrementally, not in a day.

They're also fixed incrementally, not in a day by violent overthrow or some kind of magic bullet.

Neither of which I've advocated. The fixing list keeps getting bigger over the last 3 months.

NT wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Pretty sure Bush had higher approval rates after 9/11. Don't act like this is anything even close to new.

This is a completely different scenario. It has nothing to do with elections.

LOL so popular support for Bush is different from semi-popular support for Obama how? Right now people are probably evenly split between passionate hatred, passionate support, and tentative approval. In the few months after 9/11 I think like 80% of the country was passionately pulling for Bush. Support for Reagan was much, much higher than for Obama. Again, get over it; supporters making posters and latching on to a campaign slogan is nothing new.

9/11 was a completely different situation. It was event-driven and had nothing to do with the person in office.

What I saw during the campaign was not just posters and campaign slogans, it was mentally vacant political religion on a scale I had not previously experienced.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm

RugbyD wrote:9/11 was a completely different situation. It was event-driven and had nothing to do with the person in office.

If you fly to Nebraska from the East or fly to Nebraska from the West, at the end of the day you're still in Nebraska.
RugbyD wrote:What I saw during the campaign was not just posters and campaign slogans, it was mentally vacant political religion on a scale I had not previously experienced.

If this is true, you lead a really, really sheltered life. You must have had your head stuck in a bucket of sand to have missed the euphoria that greeted Reagan after Carter, or Clinton after Bush I.

Maybe you're convincing you with this tangent you're on. :-?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 am

knapplc wrote:
RugbyD wrote:9/11 was a completely different situation. It was event-driven and had nothing to do with the person in office.

If you fly to Nebraska from the East or fly to Nebraska from the West, at the end of the day you're still in Nebraska.

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean or how it can possibly equate a unifying national atrocity with a long and contentious election process that didn't involve and incumbent.

RugbyD wrote:What I saw during the campaign was not just posters and campaign slogans, it was mentally vacant political religion on a scale I had not previously experienced.

If this is true, you lead a really, really sheltered life. You must have had your head stuck in a bucket of sand to have missed the euphoria that greeted Reagan after Carter, or Clinton after Bush I.

Maybe you're convincing you with this tangent you're on. :-?

This was definitely beyond anything I saw in 1991. I'm too young to speak from personal experience about 1979, but the average Reagan supporter I've encountered since it has mattered is at least a few rungs above the average Obama supporter in terms of having a clue what to expect from their candidate.

One data point doesn't make a thesis, but its not jsut the run-of-the-ill idiots we see every 4 years:

…The sources, who represent creditors to Chrysler, say they were taken aback by the hardball tactics that the Obama administration employed to cajole them into acquiescing to plans to restructure Chrysler. One person described the administration as the most shocking "end justifies the means" group they have ever encountered. Another characterized Obama was "the most dangerous smooth talker on the planet- and I knew Kissinger." Both were voters for Obama in the last election.
One participant in negotiations said that the administration's tactic was to present what one described as a "madman theory of the presidency" in which the President is someone to be feared because he was willing to do anything to get his way. The person said this threat was taken very seriously by his firm…
http://www.businessinsider.com/new-allegations-of-white-house-threats-over-chysler-2009-5
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed May 06, 2009 10:56 am

A two-week-old rebuttal. Priceless.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 06, 2009 11:31 am

knapplc wrote:A two-week-old rebuttal. Priceless.

i'm a busy man, sorry i can't conform to your schedule.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed May 06, 2009 11:46 am

Right, because you haven't been in GT for the last two weeks. ;-7
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Wed May 06, 2009 11:47 am

RugbyD wrote:

Everyone else got a copy, I don't see what you found difficult.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby knapplc » Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

I know, right? What a flimsy excuse! I'm surprised he didn't give us some line about his dog eating it. :-b

Anyway, I hereby concede whatever point Rugby is making here. He is totally right and I am totally wrong, and my shame over my wrongness knows no bounds. Thank you, Rugby, for helping me see the error of my ways.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 06, 2009 1:08 pm

knapplc wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
RugbyD wrote:i'm a busy man, sorry i can't conform to your schedule.

I know, right? What a flimsy excuse! I'm surprised he didn't give us some line about his dog eating it. :-b

Anyway, I hereby concede whatever point Rugby is making here. He is totally right and I am totally wrong, and my shame over my wrongness knows no bounds. Thank you, Rugby, for helping me see the error of my ways.

anytime. you make it all worthwhile :-)

seriously tho, my post count is way down the last couple months. responses are in the "i'll get around to it" bucket and an applicable anecdote fell into my lap today.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk