Teixeira and Cabrera - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixeira and Cabrera

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teixeira and Cabrera

Postby Rohan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:20 pm

I'm in a 7x5 league with strikeouts counted, do you see Teixeira and Miguel Cabrera lowering their K rate?
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:41 pm

Texeria definetly, cabrera is already at a point in my opinion where he won't get much better.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby John Bonzo » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:19 pm

Zito is God wrote:Texeria definetly, cabrera is already at a point in my opinion where he won't get much better.

I agree sort of. I think Teixiera will improve his K rate this season much more than Cabrera will. However, i wouldnt say that i think Cabrera's K rate will never get much better; i think it will increase a little this year and every year for a while.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:34 pm

Zito is God wrote:Texeria definetly, cabrera is already at a point in my opinion where he won't get much better.

so, your saying that a 20 year old top prospect will never have a better strike out ratio then his first year in the bigs? i must say that i disagree very much w/ that statement.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:17 am

Oh, scratch that, my fault, I thought it was Orlando cabrera. Miguel Cabrera will improve in my opinion, hes a solid hitter but is at the age where you are eager to swing at eevrything, needs more then a year to mature.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Teixeira and Cabrera

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:24 am

Rohan wrote:I'm in a 7x5 league with strikeouts counted, do you see Teixeira and Miguel Cabrera lowering their K rate?

Teixeira I believe (even in the minors) had around a 4:1 (or less) AB/K ratio. This number is unlikely to improve dramatically in the near future.

Cabrera's had a higher ratio in the minors (which likely will not translate to MLB for a few seasons) -- had about 6:1 AB/K I believe in AA.

I've been in a roto format (6x6) for a few years. I attempt to get guys whom at the very least have a 5:1 AB/K ratio early on -- maybe add a higher K player.

Sluggers like Pujols/Helton/Bonds/Huff/Sheffield are golden in this format -- they allow you to add another high K player or two (let's say for example Geoff Jenkins) down the road in your draft or auction.

I don't know your exact format, but this method has worked 3 straight years in this league as I've been the champion these past 3 years and 5 of the 8 in which this particular keeper has existed. (16 teams)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers