Carpenter???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Carpenter???

Postby wildbill » Fri May 22, 2009 8:30 pm

RenPastana wrote:
wildbill wrote:
RenPastana wrote:lol...been there done that with that *#*!$*

some things never change! lol :-b

I was going to say something else, but this is one troll I'm not going to feed this time. Maybe he'll crawl back under the bridge from whence he came.

LOL Come visit, your mom's here with me...

If Chris Carpenter stays healthy for the rest of the season, there's no pitcher in baseball that can put up even similar numbers to CC's...BAM!
(Can't wait to hear the feedback on this one)

Like I said I'm not going to feed this troll, especially when he's resorting to kiddie insults. Insults about my mom? Pathetic. You seriously need a life if stalking me is the highlight of your day.

JTWood wrote:Good Pitcher pitches okay and gets great results.
That doesn't sound anything like
JTWood wrote:I would hardly say it was a triumphant return

It sounded like you said he mostly sucked. Let's just chalk it up to poor word choice/phrasing on your part and move on. Your latest post's summary isn't much different then what I said anyway. The indepth info on what you called control problems is what you should have posted the first time, that's more useful to just about anyone then a short post with no info beyond something like 'he mostly sucked.'
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Fri May 22, 2009 10:18 pm

You want to post for me? I'll give you my password, and you can write these up on your own to your standards.

I'll write them how I see fit based on my perceptions of the intelligence of the people that post here. I apologize for overestimating yours.

I'm done here. Feel free to talk to yourself ad infinitum.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RenPastana » Fri May 22, 2009 11:03 pm

JTWood wrote:You want to post for me? I'll give you my password, and you can write these up on your own to your standards.

I'll write them how I see fit based on my perceptions of the intelligence of the people that post here. I apologize for overestimating yours.

Smoooooooooth! :-D
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fezzik » Fri May 22, 2009 11:18 pm

JTWood wrote:You want to post for me? I'll give you my password, and you can write these up on your own to your standards.

Ad infinitum... :-b

Anyway, that was funny. Back on topic, I watched his most recent game and his stuff looked good to me...not great, but good. He's had time off, so I was expecting worse TBH. Good velocity (92-94mph). Still has that nasty curve. While he's healthy he'll be a very good SP IMO...not elite, but still quite good. The only real question is his health...and that's a big question. ;-D

Once he harnessed his control in 2004, he's been consistently good when he's pitched. He still has good control/stuff, so I expect solid numbers from him when he's able to take the mound.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby californiasunshine » Sat May 23, 2009 12:57 am

wildbill wrote:
RenPastana wrote:
wildbill wrote:I was going to say something else, but this is one troll I'm not going to feed this time. Maybe he'll crawl back under the bridge from whence he came.

LOL Come visit, your mom's here with me...

If Chris Carpenter stays healthy for the rest of the season, there's no pitcher in baseball that can put up even similar numbers to CC's...BAM!
(Can't wait to hear the feedback on this one)

Like I said I'm not going to feed this troll, especially when he's resorting to kiddie insults. Insults about my mom? Pathetic. You seriously need a life if stalking me is the highlight of your day.

JTWood wrote:Good Pitcher pitches okay and gets great results.
That doesn't sound anything like
JTWood wrote:I would hardly say it was a triumphant return

It sounded like you said he mostly sucked. Let's just chalk it up to poor word choice/phrasing on your part and move on. Your latest post's summary isn't much different then what I said anyway. The indepth info on what you called control problems is what you should have posted the first time, that's more useful to just about anyone then a short post with no info beyond something like 'he mostly sucked.'

JT is a great poster, and in case you want to reread what he wrote (maybe it takes you 10 or so times but w/e) he said TRIUMPHANT return.......Let's chalk it up to poor reading comprehension since incase you didn't know; Triumphant is usually when your REALLY good, I'd say CC was more pretty damn lucky that game proven both by his WHIP and from what I say watching the same.
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 am

Wow, you're one ungrateful person! I give you a compliment and you trash me. Do you cuss out people if they hold open doors for you too? With regard to your more in-depth analysis of his "control issues," my comment that you should have included in your original post was a compliment with regard to it being useful, informative information, which I even said. That was useful information for anyone who didn't see the game don't you think? This has to be the first time someone trashed me for complementing some information they posted. Are you always this ungrateful?

As for the rest of what I said, if you look at what you originally said it's far more negative sounding then positive. All I was arguing is that given the situation he did better then most pitchers would have done. Do you disagree with that? The degree of negativity in your original post implied you did. Your last post, which I responded too, made it sound as if you didn't, hence to poor word choice comment. You seem to take offense at that, because oh no, you're too perfect to have ever written something ambiguous. Well it was, so where exactly do you stand on the issue? Do you agree or disagree that he did better then most pitchers would have if placed in that same situation under the same conditions (no pitching in games for a month and coming back from an injury)? If you disagree then why?

californiasunshine wrote:JT is a great poster, and in case you want to reread what he wrote (maybe it takes you 10 or so times but w/e) he said TRIUMPHANT return.......Let's chalk it up to poor reading comprehension since incase you didn't know; Triumphant is usually when your REALLY good, I'd say CC was more pretty damn lucky that game proven both by his WHIP and from what I say watching the same.

Yep, you're right, we can chalk it up to your poor reading comprehension. You need go re-read it again, because you don't understand the context in which he used the word triumphant. He said "I would hardly say it was a triumphant return." In that context hardly negates the meaning of the word it modifies, in this case triumphant. So in this case, whether it's what he meant or not, the meaning of what he typed was it was NOT a triumphant return. If that's not what he meant then it was poor word choice/phrasing as I previously said. I think he meant to be rather negative in that situation though, which is the point of contention. He did add a slightly positive note at the end but overall was more far more negative then positive.

BTW, isn't it mark of a good pitcher to be able to pitch out of jams when they don't have their best stuff? That's what I always hear when watching baseball on TV or reading game summaries or related baseball articles. It's not just mainly luck or Adam Eaton would be a good pitcher. Also Carp's WHIP in that game was 1.00 (3 hits + 2 walks in 5 innings unless the box score is wrong). Since when is a WHIP of 1.00 considered bad? Maybe you should check the box score next time before posting.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat May 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Try to stay on topic guys. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates