team .... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

team ....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

team ....

Postby partibrejker » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:40 pm

i am in a 14 team league H2H, with standard yahoo 5x5 categories. Roster consists of 25 players and it's a first year 14 player keeper league. I know i am thin on saves, with just hoffman who is on DL, but my draft strategy was to give up on Saves category and go with SP, and a few RP to lower ERA and give me extra K's. Offensive wise i think it's pretty decent with building the team around Sizemore, and Youkilis. Hopefully Mauer comes back healthy and can take over the C position, and Ortiz can go back to his old self of 30HR and 100RBI with a decent average. Hafner was drafted late in the rounds, as someone i hope can turn it around and i can use it as trade bait, or simply plug in for ortiz if he struggles. Pitching is good, but had horrible first 2 weeks other then Perkins, and Johnson. What do you guys think?

C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Tex - C)
1B Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B)
2B Emilio Bonifacio (Fla - 2B,3B)
3B Mark DeRosa (Cle - 2B,3B,OF)
SS Yunel Escobar (Atl - SS)
OF Grady Sizemore (Cle - OF)
OF Torii Hunter (LAA - OF)
OF Travis Snider (Tor - OF)
Util David Ortiz (Bos - Util)
BN Colby Rasmus (StL - OF)
BN Travis Hafner (Cle - Util)
BN Kevin Kouzmanoff (SD - 3B)
BN Emmanuel Burriss (SF - 2B,SS)
BN Mike Jacobs (KC - 1B)
BN Alex Gordon (KC - 3B)
DL Joe Mauer

P Jon Lester (Bos - P)
P Kevin Slowey (Min - P)
P Octavio Dotel (CWS - P)
P Ramón Ramírez (Bos - P)
P Glen Perkins (Min - P)
P Bronson Arroyo (Cin - P)
BN Jordan Zimmermann (Was - P)
BN Edison Volquez(Cin - P)
BN Josh Johnson (Fla - P)
BN Zach Duke (Pit - P)
DL Joel Zumaya (Det - P)
DL Trevor Hoffman (Mil - P)
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: team ....

Postby Lenny6 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I haven't played roto H2H, but I'm not sure if you have the SP's to pull off the strategy to definitely win W's and K's on a regular basis while punting SV's and presumably giving up some in ERA and WHIP. But maybe somebody who has more experience playing roto H2H could give better advice there.

I do like the offense. I know it's a 14-team league and there might not be any way around it, but Youkilis would look a lot better as your 3B if you had a better 1B option. For now your best strategy might be to wait and hope that Ortiz picks up and Alex Gordon breaks out while you monitor your pitching staff to see if your strategy works.

If you wanted to trade somebody in the coming weeks, maybe you could use the hype surrounding Jordan Zimmerman in your 1st year keeper league to improve your RP if need be? I don't know how many players you can keep, but you already have three decent keeper prospects in Lester, Volquez and Johnson and it might take a while for Zimmerman to pass any of those guys up.

Please help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=378763
Lenny6
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Re: team ....

Postby partibrejker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Lenny6 wrote:I haven't played roto H2H, but I'm not sure if you have the SP's to pull off the strategy to definitely win W's and K's on a regular basis while punting SV's and presumably giving up some in ERA and WHIP. But maybe somebody who has more experience playing roto H2H could give better advice there.

I do like the offense. I know it's a 14-team league and there might not be any way around it, but Youkilis would look a lot better as your 3B if you had a better 1B option. For now your best strategy might be to wait and hope that Ortiz picks up and Alex Gordon breaks out while you monitor your pitching staff to see if your strategy works.

If you wanted to trade somebody in the coming weeks, maybe you could use the hype surrounding Jordan Zimmerman in your 1st year keeper league to improve your RP if need be? I don't know how many players you can keep, but you already have three decent keeper prospects in Lester, Volquez and Johnson and it might take a while for Zimmerman to pass any of those guys up.

Please help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=378763

we get to keep 14 players out of 25 at the end as season to go into our next season. there is no rule as to how many pitchers, or offensive guys you can keep as long as you keep 14 total in the end. I like what i am hearing about zimmerman, and would hold onto to him to use as a trade bait if he comes up good. he is in washington so that is always bad but he has potential. K's and W's worry me now because of how bad slowey, volquez and lester have been playing, but i think i can win a lot of times if they decide to play to their potential. thanks for the reply, i'll go look at your team later on and give you my thoughts
Davor F.
partibrejker
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team