Heath Bell hates ESPN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Heath Bell hates ESPN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Heath Bell hates ESPN

Postby CadensDad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 pm

I agree with Bell, they spend too much time on the big 3 teams and seem to ignore the rest until they want to bandwagon ride the Rays or whatever team is hot. It's not just baseball tho. They have their fav 3/4 teams or players in each sport. It's really bad reporting in my opinion.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:24 pm

he's absolutely right.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Steve-o » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:38 pm

CadensDad wrote:I agree with Bell, they spend too much time on the big 3 teams and seem to ignore the rest until they want to bandwagon ride the Rays or whatever team is hot. It's not just baseball tho. They have their fav 3/4 teams or players in each sport. It's really bad reporting in my opinion.

Welcome to economics 101. They make more money by focusing on the popular / large market teams and you can't fault a business for wanting to make more money.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CadensDad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Steve-o wrote:
CadensDad wrote:I agree with Bell, they spend too much time on the big 3 teams and seem to ignore the rest until they want to bandwagon ride the Rays or whatever team is hot. It's not just baseball tho. They have their fav 3/4 teams or players in each sport. It's really bad reporting in my opinion.

Welcome to economics 101. They make more money by focusing on the popular / large market teams and you can't fault a business for wanting to make more money.

I understand that, but It's also why I prefer Yahoo sports, CBS Sports or even Fox Sports.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 pm

East Coast bias, FTW.

I hope the Rays win the East, and the Wild Card comes out of the Central. That'll shut em up, until the off-season, at least.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby HipHipJorge » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Man I really get mad when I get so mad I ruin my underpants. Poor Bell. I feel for him.

East Coast bias. Hm. Someone said it before but ESPN is a biz. They are in it to make money. Yanks, Sox, Cubs, Mets make money.

But I do agree their anal-ysts are pretty bad.
HipHipJorge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:East Coast bias, FTW.

I hope the Rays win the East, and the Wild Card comes out of the Central. That'll shut em up, until the off-season, at least.

Are you kidding? They spent most of last year's playoffs talking about what the Yankees would do in the offseason to get back to their rightful place.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Tavish wrote:

Are you kidding? They spent most of last year's playoffs talking about what the Yankees would do in the offseason to get back to their rightful place.

A-Rod will be doing a book signing for his new tell-all book this postseason at the site of the WS.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Tavish wrote:

True, they will also do a weekly special on the new Yankee Stadium and new Citi Feild. Then they will spend 16 minutes of the 30 min broadcast talking about the AL East race. Then we can talk about A-Rod's comeback, or Big Papi's wrist or The Mets bullpen

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 pm

BigZ38 wrote:It gave him the {explicit}?

Anyone else find this odd?

haha I wondered the same thing. He got so mad that he got the Hershey squirts? I honestly can't think of another curse word that fits the bill.
Last edited by MasterX1918 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers