How's This Look (First Timer) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How's This Look (First Timer)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's This Look (First Timer)

Postby Canacuna » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:38 pm

I wasn't able to attend my league draft and pre-ranked players and this is how my team turned out. How does it look? Where am I strong and what should I look to improve on?

...I also have a trade offer - Chipper Jones for Garrett Anderson. Should I accept that?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I'll be joining in a few more drafts before the season starts and could really use some advice...

10 Team Rotisserie League, R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, W, CG, SV, OUT, K, ERA, WHIP

C - J. Kendall
1B - J. Thome
2B - J. Vidro
3B - B. Mueller
SS - J. Rollins
OF - M. Ramirez
OF - C. Lee
OF - C. Jones
Util - J. Bagwell
BENCH
J. Payton
B. Wilkerson

SP - P. Martinez
SP - J. Schmidt
RP - B. Kim
RP - U. Urbina
P - J. Moyer
P - A. Leiter
P - H. Nomo
BENCH
T. Wakefield
T. Worrell
R. Wolf
[size=9]"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Madison hates The 'Cuna...[/size]
Canacuna Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:01 am

Wow! Normally, when you have to draft with pre-rankings against other owners drafting live, you usually wind up up the proverbial creek, paddle not included. This team may have a few weaknesses, but still has a solid foundation that should allow you to compete. I'd say you either did an amazing job compiling your prerankings, or you got lucky and the flow of the draft went your way. Probably a little bit of both. :-)

In any case, your hitting looks solid. You probably don't need two OFs on your bench, though. I'd take a chance on a Crosby or Greene instead in case Rollins disappoints again. A little more speed might also be nice, even though it's 7x7.

Your starting pitching also looks good. Leiter and Kim might be risky, but with Pedro and Schmidt at the top and solid depth, this area should be a strength. Depending on whether you have an IP limit and daily roster moves, you might see a lot of churning, however, as teams try to rack up wins, Ks, and outs.

Relief pitching is another matter, and might be tough to address. If Urbina sits, you might wind up with zero saves. If every single closer is locked up, there may not be much to do except punt the category (or hope for a free agent gem or two), which wouldn't be too painful in 7x7. But if there are a few lower-tier closers left on waivers, I'd hit the wire.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

yes

Postby bosoxfan77 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:56 pm

in regards to the trade i would jump on it quick. Garret Anderson will have RBIs out the wazoo batting after kennedy and vlad and will see great pitches to hit because he is protected by glaus and salmon! and he is proven....anderson is a lock for .300/25/130 this year....accept the trade ASAP!
bosoxfan77

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team