What part of my team needs improvement? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What part of my team needs improvement? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What part of my team needs improvement? WHIR

Postby fan of the cubs » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:19 am

H2H league with points for R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP and W, K ,S, ERA, WHIP

10 teams, no keepers, lineup changes allowed daily

STARTERS

C- Mccann
1B - Howard
2B - Jose Lopez
3B - Longoria
SS - Tulowitzki
OF - Guerrero
OF - Dye
OF - Lind
UT - someone off my bench

BENCH

Victorino - OF
Chipper - 3B
Inge - C, 3B
Pablo Sandoval - 1B

PITCHERS

SP - Burnett
SP - Haren
RP - Brian Wilson
RP - Morrow
P - Lester
P - Cain

BENCH

Randy Johnson
Marmol

Since we can change our lineup daily, I like to take advantage of players who have off days (like on mondays or thursdays) by being able to replace them with bench players. Obviously I have the C, 1B, 3B, and OF positions covered, but currently nobody to back up 2B or SS.

I was thinking of picking up a second 2B and dumping Sandoval. Sandoval hasn't been doing anything, plus he is only eligible at 1B as of now. Plus we don't have keepers so its like I can hold onto him for next year. Do you think I should just let him go?

I was thinking of picking up Orlando Hudson or maybe even Weeks, Fontenot, Hill, or Iwamura. It would be nice to get someone with SB capability since most people in the league ignore the SB stat. Or maybe just get rid of Sandoval and replace him with Blalock or maybe an OF?

Other than that, is there something else I should do to improve my team? After Johnson's second poor start I am considering dumping him as well.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What part of my team needs improvement? WHIR

Postby Lenny6 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Yeah, I was going to say that you could use SB's. I'd play Victorino over Dye or Lind, just for the token steals without losing too much elsewhere. That would put Chipper as your DH and you could go with whoever is hot between Dye or Lind at the last OF spot.

With 10 teams and 21 rostered players, feel free to use the waiver wire liberally if there is no cost of doing so. Inge, Sandoval or Johnson would probably be there if you needed them later so don't be afraid to drop them now. I might even pick up Aaron Hill and start him over Lopez right now rather than just as a bench move.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=378763
Lenny6
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 31)

Postby Hit Factory » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Your team looks pretty good. I really like your starting pitching, you will have to address your closer issue, Morrow is not a steady source for saves, keep Marmol and see if he takes over the closer duties for the Cubs. I would look to trade Chipper, since you have Longoria at 3rd, and put either Victorino or Inge in at the Util spot.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby fan of the cubs » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:34 am

Lenny6 wrote:Yeah, I was going to say that you could use SB's. I'd play Victorino over Dye or Lind, just for the token steals without losing too much elsewhere. That would put Chipper as your DH and you could go with whoever is hot between Dye or Lind at the last OF spot.

With 10 teams and 21 rostered players, feel free to use the waiver wire liberally if there is no cost of doing so. Inge, Sandoval or Johnson would probably be there if you needed them later so don't be afraid to drop them now. I might even pick up Aaron Hill and start him over Lopez right now rather than just as a bench move.

Help? viewtopic.php?t=378763

Yeah I dropped Sandoval and picked up Orlando Hudson. Having him start the next couple of days over Lopez at second. Yeah, I could pick up Hill too, he is on the waiver wire and I don't think he'll get picked up soon. The people I play with don't really check on their teams daily and stuff. Figured Hudson would get me some SBs though.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fan of the cubs » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:37 am

Hit Factory wrote:Your team looks pretty good. I really like your starting pitching, you will have to address your closer issue, Morrow is not a steady source for saves, keep Marmol and see if he takes over the closer duties for the Cubs. I would look to trade Chipper, since you have Longoria at 3rd, and put either Victorino or Inge in at the Util spot.

Yeah I don't know what to do about saves. I just picked up Morrow because someone had released him back when he was on the DL. I think Hanrahan and Lindstrom are available and thats about it.

I'd release Johnson but I can't think of a worthwhile pitcher to replace him.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:34 am

I would take Lindstrom, the Marlins are a really solid team and he will get plenty of save oppportunities. Even though he is still recovering from a shoulder injury the Marlins manager says that they will start using him on back to back days soon. He is still a bit shaky but I would chance it.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby fan of the cubs » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:29 am

Hit Factory wrote:I would take Lindstrom, the Marlins are a really solid team and he will get plenty of save oppportunities. Even though he is still recovering from a shoulder injury the Marlins manager says that they will start using him on back to back days soon. He is still a bit shaky but I would chance it.

Should I dump Randy Johnson for Lindstrom?
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Hit Factory » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 am

I dumped Johnson for Trevor Cahill lol, I think he is finished. However some people think he will rebound, its up to you. Personally I would drop him, you already have 4 really solid starters and I think Lindstrom will help your team more than Johnson will.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby fan of the cubs » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah, I went ahead and dumped Johnson for Lindstrom, already got me a save.

Now I just need to replace Vlad, since he is on the DL.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fan of the cubs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 am

Should I sign Scott Downs since Ryan is on the DL? I don't really have room for him.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team