What is the cost of PUJOLS & A-ROD with out a veto...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is the cost of PUJOLS & A-ROD with out a veto...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbuk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:09 pm

I'd prefer Pujols, but certainly wouldn't veto it.
jbuk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:14 pm

I tyhink this little fact might change your minds on the Sheff/anderson/loiza/pujols trade. Its a 20 man league so its hard to get all-stars at every position, but now he has them. In a 20 man league this trade is insane. Sheffield is almost as good as Pujols (in my opinion, before he got injured.)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:20 pm

Sheffield is almost as good as Pujols, if you were sure he wouldn't get injured. Then there's Loaiza, who's probably ranked around #100. In a trade for a #2 player, a #100 doesn't even merit attention. That's like giving someone a $100 bill, and he gives you back $2. The $2 is worth something, but the difference is so huge, who cares about $2 in the deal?

And then there's Garrett Anderson. A good solid player, but again, not even close to the level of Pujols or Sheffield.

So it's something like a #2 for a #8 + #80 + #100. Certainly not overbalanced in favor of the person giving up Pujols. I think you're absolutely insane for quitting a league over that trade.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Zito is God » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:40 pm

If you go by rank Loiza is ranked like 27.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:59 pm

Loaiza ranked 27th is retarded. He's worth, maybe, a 10th round pick in a 10 or 12 team league. Thus, he's somewhere between #100 and #120.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Zito is God » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:04 pm

I don't like him at all I'll sdmit, but stats are stats and the stats from last year show he WAS damn good. The bottom line is Sheffield for Pujols is fair (In my opinion) because Sheffield and Pujols (I think) are almost the same, and now that Sheffield is with the Yankees he will get even more RBIs so they might be even. But then there Garret Anderson with a stacked line up in front of him so he is worth a lot in my opinion. And sisne its a 20 team league most teams cannot find 5 starters with their # 5 bvieng maroth and stuff, now Loaiza is worth a lot in these types of leagues.

Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dugout » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:29 am

Veto only if there is collusion.

If someone were to veto one of my trades because I was able to take advantage of someone................I'd vote them out of the league.

When's the next tribal council?
Dugout
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:33 am

Zito is God wrote:I just "quit" a league cause out commisioner was inexperienced and let the trade

Pujols

for

Sheffield
G.Anderson
Loiza

go through.

Here's a bottle you f'n baby. So one owner really wants Pujols!! So what!!

Loaiza has a career ERA near 5.00. Sheff's a near injury away from being out the majority of the year. Anderson is as solid as they come -- but he's no Pujols.

You're the type of normal Yahoo b!tch active people hate...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Vikes24 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:33 am

I would have to agree that a Pujols for Sheffield/Anderson/Loaiza trade is unfair. Even without Loaiza. While i do not think that Sheffield is the player that Pujols is I think that Garrett Anderson is VASTLY underrated. The two of them for one player is just not fair- no matter who it is. Look at it like this- in our draft, Sheffield will go for about $32, Anderson will go for about $28, and Loaiza will probably go for about $15. Pujols will go for about $45.
That is $75 worth of draft day talent for $45. Granted you are getting the best player in the game, but it is still unfair in my opinion. You can talk about the "Risk" factors with Sheffield but it goes both ways. In order for Pujols to do what he did last year, Renteria has to do what he did last year, Edmonds has to stay healthy for a whole year, Sanders has to do what he did last year, and they have Marlon Anderson leading off. I would not bet against Pujols, but I gaurantee that at least one of those things does not happen!!
Vikes24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:36 am

Anonymous wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I just "quit" a league cause out commisioner was inexperienced and let the trade

Pujols

for

Sheffield
G.Anderson
Loiza

go through.

Here's a bottle you f'n baby. So one owner really wants Pujols!! So what!!

Loaiza has a career ERA near 5.00. Sheff's a near injury away from being out the majority of the year. Anderson is as solid as they come -- but he's no Pujols.

You're the type of normal Yahoo b!tch active people hate...

Well, I love these types of people who insult other people without knowing the situation or the other person. There is about 10 pieces of evidence that indicates that the guy owns 2 teams and is cheating. About 5 people have quit because of this including me. I will not participate in a league where the owner cheats by making 2 teams and trading between them.

Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers