6x6 12-team KEEPER League. WHIR. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

6x6 12-team KEEPER League. WHIR.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

6x6 12-team KEEPER League. WHIR.

Postby ThumperHawk » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:05 pm

Version 2.0: After getting waxed in my pitching categories in week 1, I've made some minor moves to try to bolster that side of the team. I've obviously been hurt by early injuries, missing out on A-Rod, B.J. Upton, and Max Scherzer in Week1. It didn't help that I had Owings going in Scherzer's spot. His start against Pittsburgh was rained out and then skipped entirely.

I play in a 6x6 12-team keeper league where the keeper penalty is graded (anywhere from 2-6 rounds). The extra categories are OPS and INN. Let me know what you think.

C Ryan Doumit
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Rickie Weeks
3B David Wright
SS J.J. Hardy
OF B.J. Upton
OF Corey Hart
OF Hunter Pence
OF Denard Span
U Alex Rodriguez
DH Carlos Delgado

SP Chad Billingsley
SP James Shields
SP Max Scherzer
SP Jonathan O. Sanchez
SP Trevor Cahill
SP Brett Anderson
RP Brian Fuentes
RP George Sherill

Bench
1B Nick Johnson
SS/3B Brandon Wood
3B Ian Stewart
OF Cameron Maybin

Bullpen
SP Anibal Sanchez
SP Glen Perkins
SP Andy Sonnanstine
SP Micah Owings
RP Carlos VIllanueva

Original draft results are here: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374734

Suggestions or evaluations welcome. Leave a link, and I'll help in return. ;-D
ThumperHawk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6x6 12-team KEEPER League. WHIR.

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:14 pm

your hitting is very good. not much to worry about there, though i'm not sure why Arod isn't on your bench :-?

your relievers are good -- no problems there. but its the starting pitching that makes me worry. shields and billingsley are a nice one-two. but after that there is a noticeable dropoff in talent. owings, perkins, sanchez, everyone else... some nice upside but also a big chance of downside. when arod gets back into the lineup i'd look to move a bat for another quality pitcher. delgado to a mets fan, perhaps O:-)

otherwise, lookin good ;-D
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: 6x6 12-team KEEPER League. WHIR.

Postby TheMadHungarian » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 pm

First time posting here, so I thought I should say 'hi.' I also play in a 6 X 6 H2H keeper league so I feel like I know that general roster depth you're looking at. As the previous poster said, your lineup and pen are solid... SP's not so much. I love your top two but you have far too many question marks behind them. Take it easy on all the kids, you're going to wear them out. :*)

Scherzer's going to be on a Joba-esque pitch limit so I don't know what he'll give you even if he's at his best. I like Dirty Sanchez, but he had a big uptick in innings pitched last year and if you listen to Tom Verducci, you'll know his arm's due to fall off any second now. Who knows what Cahill and Anderson will give you, so far so good but I wouldn't be surprised if they both implode and end up back in AAA. Anibel Sanchez looked good in his last start but he can be erratic. Sonnanstine does nothing for me (I drafted and dropped him), just a league average innings eater really who's lucky to be on a winning team. Perkins has looked good so far and I am still traumatized by what Owings did to me last year when I drafted him.

I'd get rid of Wood and try to make a move offering an outfielder + a pitcher for an upgrade in your rotation. I might even drop Stewart since he's not seeing regular playing time. Replace one or both of them with MI and CI so you have some positional flexibility. Is Josh Fields available in your league? Any decent MI's around? And there has to be someone better than Nick Johnson around.

Overall I think you're a solid contender. Another starter or two and a strong return from A-Roid and you'll be there in the running come Sept.
TheMadHungarian
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team