What the HECK is wrong with Lincecum? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

What the HECK is wrong with Lincecum?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What the HECK is wrong with Lincecum?

Postby raysfan4life » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:50 pm

First, he only goes three innings in his opener. Then, he gets knocked around by the PADRES? In San Diego? Anyone know what the deal is? I spent a high pick on this guy. Is he hurt? I read about a blister on his pitching finger. God, I hope that's all it is.

I'll say one point of concern was it looked like his fastball was in the 90-91 MPH range today.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What the HELL is wrong with Lincecum?

Postby dave knight » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Should've paid attention to the Verducci Effect...(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html)
dave knight
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JMB05 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:03 pm

dave knight wrote:Should've paid attention to the Verducci Effect...(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html)

Uhg. Backing this up with real points would be helpful. So he pitched way to many innings last year so the Verdouche effect won't allow him to pitch well after having the winter off?

It's a nice theory but there is nothing that really backs it up. Lincecum will be fine. Probably.
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby raysfan4life » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:15 pm

OK - assuming the Verducci Effect is on point, why was Lincecum projected as the number 2 or 3 SP off the board by virtually everyone?
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stcardinal » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:49 pm

j24jags wrote:Lince will be fine. First start he was very rusty and his control was not there. Today, his line was the result of two badly misplayed balls by Fred Lewis and Chase Headley reaching the short porch in RF.

Yup, what he said, not really his fault. But feel free to drop him ;-)
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JMB05 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:06 pm

stcardinal wrote:
j24jags wrote:Lince will be fine. First start he was very rusty and his control was not there. Today, his line was the result of two badly misplayed balls by Fred Lewis and Chase Headley reaching the short porch in RF.

Yup, what he said, not really his fault. But feel free to drop him ;-)

After more research he only went 4 innings in his opener last year. He also said in ST he handn't found his groove yet, sooooo......

I don't even own him I think he will be awesome this year.
JMB05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Postby raysfan4life » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Cool - thanks for talking me off the cliff. And don't worry, I wasn't planning on dropping him - I owned CC last year, and I traded him after his horible April - worst-case of jumping the gun I've ever done. Not making that mistake again.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaSh 1s » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:49 pm

I was just going to say CC had three bad starts. You already prolly invested you 2nd pick in him, you dont make rash moves with your second pick. It sucks, but he has proven he can get it done, he still has 10 K's
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: What the HECK is wrong with Lincecum?

Postby NWSoxaholic » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 am

Yeah- stay away from the cliff. This is when other owners will come around smelling blood. I snatched CC last year from an owner who was talking the same way and just snagged Hamels , too. Like someone else said- Lince said he was having a problem finding his rythm- give him a start or 2 and he'll be fine.
NWSoxaholic
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates