Opening Day Sig Contest Results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Opening Day Sig Contest Results

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Re: Opening Day Sig Contest Results

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:47 pm

the ROC wrote:I think that a system with blind voting may be better, if it's possible. People may be seeing who's winning and think that their vote won't matter if they don't vote for one of the top couple sigs at the moment. (see: General Election Primaries)

meh, we've done just about every way for voting over the past couple years and I really do believe people will vote the same way no matter what and one reason why we have the artists submit them blind, as to deter people just voting for the person they like, but you can't deter people voting for a Lincecum sig just because they like him by putting it to a blind vote. People all have their own personal preference for what looks good, it's what makes it a contest and we always have different winners each time we have one.

I actually prefer the ability to vote for a top 3 because it allows you to recognize more than one sig. One thing we could do is not keep a running count that people have to add to and then just add up the votes in the end, but I'm not sure that snakes even intended for there to be a running count. Sure you can add them up yourself, but a lot of people would just overlook it anyways and then they don't have to do any math aside from assigning a value.

Either way it's exciting to see it with a close vote and a good turnout from the artists. Ups to everyone involved and thanks to SG for putting it all together on such a short notice ;D
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Opening Day Sig Contest Results

Postby RyanK » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 pm

i suck at text.... and i shouldntve made the vertical lines in the background
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Contests and Showing Off