Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help!

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 pm

i dont really like Posada. he will be 38 this season. he doesnt suck, i just wouldnt want to trust him for an entire season.
i like Fred Lewis this season, but i woudnt drop any of your current OF for him.
i think you could use another solid starter. Lackey when he returns helps. Burnett is good when healthy, but hes an injury risk. im not sold on either Parra or Zimmerman being that good this season. im not sure i would want any of the other starters instead of them, but maybe you could look into trading an OF for a pitcher and then picking up Fred Lewis who is batting 3rd for SF.
just an idea.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Magnus_CA » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:39 am

Drop Motte for Ray or Danny Murphy. Actually, you should drop Motte for any one of the players on your list. Sorry to kick you in the teeth but Motte is worthless at this point.

Thanks for the help with mine.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Hit Factory » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 am

Hey there, very nice team. Out of the hitters available on the WW I like 2; Swisher and Winn. The issue is that when Tex comes back Swisher's playing time will be cut, Winn is a really underrated player and will also provide you with a bunch of steals. However I don't think you should drop any of your hitters in order to pickup either one of these guys. Justin Upton should come around sooner than later and Fowler has a bigger upside than either Swisher or Winn. I agree with a previous poster, I would drop Motte.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Kuji » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Most of the guys said pretty much the right things, so I won't repeat it, but are there any Catches on the WW you could try to pick instead of Posada?
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hit Factory » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Kuji wrote:but are there any Catches on the WW you could try to pick instead of Posada?

Why would he drop Posada now? He is healthy and is playing really well to start the season, plus he is in a stacked Yankees lineup. When healthy Posada is still one of the best catchers in baseball, guaranteed all the top catchers in his league are taken already. If Posada gets hurt down the line there should be a serviceable catcher available for him to pickup then.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Kuji » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Hit Factory wrote:
Kuji wrote:but are there any Catches on the WW you could try to pick instead of Posada?

Why would he drop Posada now? He is healthy and is playing really well to start the season, plus he is in a stacked Yankees lineup. When healthy Posada is still one of the best catchers in baseball, guaranteed all the top catchers in his league are taken already. If Posada gets hurt down the line there should be a serviceable catcher available for him to pickup then.

I just think there are better catchers than Posada, but that's just me :-° I mean, his team is good as it is, I'm probably just nitpicking
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby somervillesoxfan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 pm

thanks for responding guys. ya, all good catchers have been taken. Only catchers available are Navarro, Shoppach, and R Hernandez. I think that I am set with Posada. I think that if he can stay healthy he will put up solid numbers, especially hitting in the 5 slot. keep the comments coming
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby richiro » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Grab Volstad for sure. Drop Motte.
richiro
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team