Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help!

Postby somervillesoxfan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:35 am

I am in a 10 team H2H league where we keep 5 players per year. The past few years I was able to make a bunch of trades to acquire some solid keepers, therefore this is my year to make a run at a championship before I have to trade some of these guys. I have posted some key names on the WW. Should I make any moves? Leave a link and I always respond.

CATS: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, OPS, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, K, SVOP, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

Roster:
C: Posada
1B: R Howard
2B: I Kinsler
3B: G Atkins
SS: H Ramirez
IF: J Votto
OF: Sizemore, Braun, Ibanez, Adam Jones, J Upton, D Fowler (We start 4)
UTIL: D Ortiz

SP: F Liriano, A Wainright, M Garza, AJ Burnett, M Parra, J Zimmermann (7 total P slots)
RP: Broxton, Morrow, Hanrahan, Motte, Villaneuva, Corpas
DL: Lackey, Smoltz

WW: Hitters: M Cameron, Fr Lewis, R Winn, W Tavarez, N Swisher, M Mora, K Kouzmanoff, J Hermida, Dan Murphy, (I REMOVED CHOO BECAUSE HE WAS CLAIMED VIA WW)

WW Pitchers: J Maine, J Guthrie, C Volstad, F Carmona, I Snell, J Sanchez, O Perez, M Pelfry, S Marshall, C Ray, L Nunez, S Casilla
Last edited by somervillesoxfan on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do I need to make any moves on the WW? Always return help!

Postby midwestpatsfan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:29 am

To be honest, I like your team right now. We play with the same categories which I find rare, so it is nice to see someone else out there dealing with some different categories. You have assembled a good team there. When I first read the post I thought Matt Garza was a pitcher that was available and was ready to tell you to pick him up asap, but you have him and I think he is going to be HUGE this year. So, I do not have any great advice for you except to stay put for right now. Glad to see some red sox love on the board too.

help
viewtopic.php?t=377973
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Berg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks for your advice.

I think your team is fine the way it is. There are no pitchers on the wire better than what you have, and your hitting is solid. The only thing I might do is pick up Choo in favor of Tavarez, but that's about it.
Berg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby caliendo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks for the help on mine! I like your team right now, the only thing I think is kind of weak is your OF but it's not that bad and I cant really see you trade anyone to make it better. And if Andruw Jones turns it on this year then you'll be looking really good. You might want to think about picking up Winn as he is a very solid fantasy player, but right now I'd probably just stay put.
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bjorne Greece » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:29 am

I think as far as relievers go, Ray and Nunez have a better chance of actually taking over their teams' closer roles than Villanueva and Corpas do. I'd rather be riding it out with those 2 guys.
Bjorne Greece
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kaiser » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks for your help. My only advice would be lose A Jones, if that is Andruw. If it is Adam, stand pat, you are fine.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby mayfijr » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:26 pm

I hate to sound redundant, but I agree with everyone else. Your team is fine the way it is.
mayfijr
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 am

I like your team a lot. The only thing I could suggest is picking up Volstad over Manny Parra. Otherwise, solid staff.

Help on mine? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=378149
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 pm

I too think I like Volstad over Parra. You also have a glut of RP, even for a 10 team league. Thats tradebait to me, packaged with an ibanez type for an upgrade at OF, or even just a 2 for 1 upgrade in RP. That would give you room for someline like Dan Murphy, who if he stays batting second will put up numbers this year that are better than J upton (though since its a keeper, hard to justify dropping upton at this point).
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:10 pm

I agree with the general sentiment that your team is looking good and you should generally stand pat.

I think a number of pitchers on the wire (Carmona, Volstad, Guthrie) may outperform Parra. I'd also watch Murphy in NY as a potential OF ugrade over Fowler.

I wouldn't drop Villanueva as he's closing until Percival is back. I'd consider dropping Corpas for Franklin (CBC in St. Louis it seems). Ray may indeed close in Bal later this year, but he's looked terrible so far.

Good luck!
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team