Dukes - Full Time with Milledge Demotion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dukes - Full Time with Milledge Demotion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dukes - Full Time with Milledge Demotion

Postby wildbill » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Padres Fan wrote:I see Dukes going .250-.260 20/15

I think he can do better then that, like .270 - .275 and 20/20. he was exactly 13/13 last year in 276 AB. IF he could get 500 AB that same pace would have him around 25/25. He probably won't get 500 AB, so 20/20 seems a safe guess. My guess for BA is just a gut feeling.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 pm

i LOVE it... can we finally put the everLasting Milledge hype to rest once and for all? this guy is a bust i hear it year in year out how this year is the year, and this year he will finally put it all together, gimme a break... this kid MAY have some tools, but he can't get it done, hes terrible and the hype year in year out about him finally coming together as a complete player that he was sought after for... its NOT gonna happen, didn't even make it 2 weeks into the season this year absolute bust, injury, mental or not hes not the player that hes portrayed to be, move on...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Bottom 8th went yard 4-16-09 - I've got him on 2 teams and he's locked into a starting spot...
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Peter Gammon's Jr. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:32 am

imo he should of had a spot in the lineup from the get-go...i have no idea what washington was trying to do with that one? :-?
Peter Gammon's Jr.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trebor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 am

Peter Gammon's Jr. wrote:imo he should of had a spot in the lineup from the get-go...i have no idea what washington was trying to do with that one? :-?

i have no idea either...

local media rumors were that the Nats were looking to showcase Milledge/Kearns for a possible trade...also Dukies had a pretty awful spring...and quite frankly, the way the Nats run their team is suspect in every which way. horrible management. besides Adam Dunn signing...cant think of any positives. so not surprising they would bench arguably their most talented player for a guy who hit .217 last year (kearns). anyways glad its sorted now & also glad they finally got their first W...Os are my #1, but grown to appreciate the little bits of positive that leak from Nats-ville.

Go DUUUUUUUUUKES!
Trebor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hwiggen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Just heard on ESPN that if he's late one more time (that's why he didn't start the other day) he'll be sent to AAA according to the Nats front office.
How worried should Dukes owners be about this?
Is he going to show up late now just becaused they gave him an ultimatum?
It sounds like this could develope into a battle of wills between Dukes and the front office--not good for the player when the organization has no chance to win this year.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:07 pm

The guy was 5 minutes late because he was doing community service with a little league team. I highly doubt they'll demote him with Milledge already down.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby gws226 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:31 am

bazzy_51 wrote:i LOVE it... can we finally put the everLasting Milledge hype to rest once and for all? this guy is a bust i hear it year in year out how this year is the year, and this year he will finally put it all together, gimme a break... this kid MAY have some tools, but he can't get it done, hes terrible and the hype year in year out about him finally coming together as a complete player that he was sought after for... its NOT gonna happen, didn't even make it 2 weeks into the season this year absolute bust, injury, mental or not hes not the player that hes portrayed to be, move on...

Ya, the mets should of traded him for Barry Zito when they had the chance... talk about missing that boat :-B
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates