Nervous about my pitching, any thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Nervous about my pitching, any thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nervous about my pitching, any thoughts?

Postby tobias875 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:55 pm

custom yahoo league; heres the scoring:

Batters: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, RBI, K, Assists, Errors, OBP

Pitchers 40 innings minimum/wk W,L, QS, SHO, SV, ER, k, ERA, GIDP, K/9, Whip

(I know a ton of cats)

anyways heres my team

c- sandoval
1b- pujols
2b- alexi rameriz
3b- aramis rameriz
ss- michael young
of- Kemp,quentin, ellsbury
util Chris Davis
util Victorino
bn Lind, Dan Murphy, Ryan Zimmerman

SP- billingsly, kazmir, shields, bedard, kershaw, Vazquez, Baker, Maholm
RP- brian wilson, chad qualls, heath bell
tobias875
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nervous about my pitching, any thoughts?

Postby Raven52 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Right now, I wouldn't worry too much about your pitching because your staff is pretty decent. But there is a lot of risk, mainly Kershaw, Bedard, Maholm, and Vazquez, all whose stock could go either way. I feel that your relievers are questionable, as there isn't a clear No.1 option (Probably Wilson though).

Are you in a 12-team league, because the rest of your team seems pretty thin. Your outfield is rather solid, as you have Murphy and Lind on the bench. While they aren't starting mainstays, they are good for the occasional spot start, especially Lind, who has been hot lately.

I also have Sandoval and Alexei Ramirez, but I have recently been shopping Ramirez because of his risk and current position on the batting order. I would also shop Michael Young, but you don't seem to have a replacement immediately available.

Anyone of note on the waiver wire?
Raven52
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Nervous about my pitching, any thoughts?

Postby Hit Factory » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Hey man I really like your team, especially your pitching lol. I don't think there is any reason for you to be worried, I love Billingsley, Kazmir, and Bedard (I have him on one of my teams, terrific bargain pick and will have a great year now that he is fully healthy!) I was a little weary about James Shields, not sure if he would repeat last years solid performance, but even if he slighty regresses from his 2008 numbers he will still be an above average pitcher on a team with a great offense. So even if his ERA is a little higher than last seasons, I think that the Rays will bail him out by scoring a bunch of runs. With Kershaw and even Maholm rounding out your rotation I think you are going to be in for a very productive year, good luck!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=378213
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team