RP: Huston Street
P: Roy Oswalt
P: Adam Wainwright
P: Francisco Liriano
B: Erik Bedard
B: Matt Garza
B: David Price
B: Yovanni Gallardo

Stat Categories: R, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, IBB, K, E, AVG, CYC, SLAM, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, HR, BB, K, ERA, K/9, NH, PG, BSV

It's a weird setting league in my opinion. We also get to keep two players at the end of this year, regardless of positon, so I have been looking for a top 5 bat to go along with Hanley.

I really don't believe in Lance Berkman at all and can't stand having him on my team. I'd also like to upgrade 3B, but I really don't know who I should target and where to start in terms of a trade. There are some FAs on the waiver wire that are interesting at 3B that might be better than Reynolds.

FAs:
Josh Fields
Ian Stewart
Felipe Lopez
Kevin Kouzmanoff
Melvin Mora
Chase Headley

If there are any trade ideas, WW picks, or anything at all, please let me know.
blove523 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me improve my team!

Postby walnuts1978 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:26 pm

C: Brian McCann
1B: Lance Berkman
2B: Brian Roberts
3B: Mark Reynolds
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Nick Markakis
OF: Matt Kemp
OF: Adam Dunn
UTIL: Adrian Gonzalez
UTIL: Adam Lind
B: Jose Lopez

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Josh Beckett
RP: Heath Bell
RP: Huston Street
P: Roy Oswalt
P: Adam Wainwright
P: Francisco Liriano
B: Erik Bedard
B: Matt Garza
B: David Price
B: Yovanni Gallardo

I actually am very intrigued by your team. i think it's pretty well rounded brother!

I suggest keeping an eye on your closers. Huston street is a big question mark in colorado and heath bell in san diego may not get a lot of chances. Still not terrible pitchers though. maybe pick up the back up on a good team, maybe jeremy affeldt on the Giants cause u never know about Brian Wilson

I think you were right about mark reynolds. The guy can hit the ever loving crap out of the ball, but also can miss the ball just as hard. I really like Ian stewart. He's not proven though, but i like his ability as a contact hitter with some pop!
walnuts1978
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Raven of Despair » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Agree about your closer situation being a bit iffy with Street (though Bell will be fine, and closers can rack up saves even on poor teams, so don't worry about that), but I disagree about your 3b situation... I wouldn't exchange reynolds (who could go .255-.260/30 HR/10-15 SB) with Stewart, who's fine, but doesn't have the same power or speed and who isn't even guaranteed steady playing time (and Stewart's not going to hit for a high avg either, even though it'll likely be better than Reynolds).

F.Lopez should be on someone's team even w/o his hot start if he qualifies @ multiple positions in your league. His flexibility is *huge* and he's batting leadoff and playing every day. You have a solid SP corps and don't need Price, who is being overrated for '09 IMHO, and who you probably wouldn't keep anyway, so I'd drop Price and grab Lopez if this were my team. Or grab someone else, but Price will likely not dazzle this year.

Overall, I think you have a solid team (though hard to say knowing how deep your league is). If you dislike Berkman that much, he certainly will have plenty of trade value, so you can explore a trade...
Raven of Despair
College Coach
College Coach

Postby blove523 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Are there are any players in a trade that would improve my team? I'd like to involve Berkman and basically any other player.

I'd really like to trade for Pujols because I'm a huge Cardinal fan, but the guy that has him is asking a ton for him. Last time he emailed me, it was me giving up Berkman, Lincecum, and Oswalt for Pujols and Billingsley.
blove523 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team