Help! We may have ruined our Roto league! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help! We may have ruined our Roto league!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Angels02and04 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:20 pm

bost0n wrote:I dont like losses because if someone decides to draft four major closers and dont bother getting SP, theyll beat you in Saves, Era, whip, and losses almost every week.

This is why I add an innings requirement. Yahoo allows you set it for almost anything you want. Make them pitch 26 innings in a week, it will force them to start pitchers and not just overload on RP...Also you can just put a RP restriction on someone by only allowing them 1 or 2 spots....
Angels02and04
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ktown » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:35 pm

Add SB to the mix and I like CG as an extra pitching cat.
ktown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbuk » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:39 pm

I agree with adding SB's and holds - if you're trying to make it more realistic to the real game, adding holds is a must.
jbuk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:19 pm

Hmm, if you want guys who ordinarily wouldn't have value to have value, then Holds is a great category. It opens up a whole new brand of fantasy player that is usually worthless.

As for your offensive categories, the ones I would NEVER want to use are Ks and Fld PCT. I would also never play in a league with OF assists.

To each his own though. Personally I like the OPS category in addition to batting average, rather than OBP instead of batting average, but again, that's just my opinion.

As for the categories CG and SHO. I hate these categories too. You have to keep in mind that these are fairly rare occurrences and the winner of these categories are likely only to have something like 12 and 5 respectively. Some people may not get any of these. I know I didn;t have any until the end of last year, when I finally got a couple from Dontrelle Willis. I just think they're too big a swing to include. Ditto for triples. I don't like to get too fancy. I like to stick to stats that all of your players stand a reasonable chance of adding to every time they step on the field, and CGs, SHOs, 3Bs, and OF assists aren't that.

Just my 2 cents.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:47 pm

I picked holds for our league as well. It just throws a new loop into the personnel decisions you have to make. 'hmmm, reliever or middleman?' We have 3 SP, 2 RP and a P so I'm thinking that people will end up having to follow shit pretty closely. 'I'm up two saves but nobody has holds, time to trade for Hawkins before the weekend' or whatever.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers