Struggling - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Struggling

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Struggling

Postby krnrpide 92 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:23 pm

Down in the standings due to some slow starts... or a bad team. idk

I think I need an upgrade at SS, RP, maybe SP. Any suggestions?

C- Ramon Hernandez, Wieters
1B- Fielder, Konerko
2B- Roberts
3B- Wright
SS- Aviles
OF- Rios, Hart, Pence, Dye, Werth, Burrell
SP- Johan, Kazmir, Chris Young, Lackey, Baker
RP- Morrow, Ziegler, Motte

and is Ramon Hernandez good enough until Wieters comes back? I could get Sandoval for Werth or Burrell...
krnrpide 92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Struggling

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:29 pm

1B- Fielder, Konerko
2B- Roberts
3B- Wright
SS- Aviles

Hernadez should be decent until Wieters gets called up, but there should be other options at catcher on ww.

Your Offense looks, Your starting pitching is good but injury prone. your RP especially Motte (LaRussa has removed from the closers role) is a major question mark. I would trade Burrell (BA killer) for another closer and drop Motte for another SP.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=377206
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby walnuts1978 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:58 pm

1B- Fielder, Konerko
2B- Roberts
3B- Wright
SS- Aviles

Brother, i'm not going to lie to u. The only positives i see on your team are:

Roberts, Wright, Pence, Johan, Dye, and Ziegler

You have question marks all over the place. If they all produce, u'll have a solid team, but i'm not sure they will. Aviles is a bright spot but still super young.

The only things i can say are to keep you eyes on the waiver wire. Drop guys like Baker, Motte, Burrell, Werth, and knoerko as soon as they go into slumps. You can pick up guys who'll put some better numbers up. Guys to look out for, Ryan spillbourghs, armando Galaraaga, Matt laporta(minors), clay bucholtz(minors), tommy hanson(minors).

Good luck!
walnuts1978
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby krnrpide 92 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:13 pm

yeah... i was out for the draft and had to do it in a library, except the comps there didnt have the right flash or something and i was out of luck. So I didn't get a good team and I'm trying to trade my way out of it... Any suggestions on what I should go for trades? or do i just have to hope to hit all the right WW people?
krnrpide 92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby walnuts1978 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Right now, you aren't going to be able to trade to much because u don't have that much to offer. If you trade one of your key guys, you won't be gaining anything. u'll swap player for good player. And trading right now, in my opinion, is way to soon anyway. It's the first week of the season.

If you want to trade, check the other teams in your league and get a feel for what they want and would be open for doing. if they are cool guys, than they'll be open for some trade talks.

But again, do some research. check those free agents that are left in your league. There are some talented guys with some pop and pizzaz that can boost your team. (Spillbourghs, freddy sanchez, denard span, ian stewart). If you have unlimited moves in your league. Drop guys, pick up guys, as fast as you can in order to move up in the standings. If not, be smart. Take some minor leaguers with a chance to break out big this year like longoria did last year. Laporta, Hansen, Bonoficio.

Get creative brother, have fun!
walnuts1978
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby krnrpide 92 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:18 am

there are unlimited moves (public league), but ppl might not respond to trades... w/e

who is droppable on my team? (Baker might come back this weekend)
krnrpide 92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby krnrpide 92 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 am

so i should just wait? if you look at my team, i am off to a slow start... (and its not good in the first place)
some bad luck doesnt help: benched one of Pence's HR, benched both Hart and Werth today... so yeah...

how do you guys pick starts? cuz i never get them right.
krnrpide 92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Slobula » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:27 am

Holy Crap! It's 4 games into a 162 game season. You need to settle down!

How do I pick starts? I take guys I think are my best and I keep them in until someone else proves to be better. Don't go switching guys on a daily basis in baseball.
Slobula
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby krnrpide 92 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 pm

I understand its a young season, but I dont want the problem to repeat itself over the coarse of the season... and get worse
krnrpide 92
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jackie hayes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Slobula wrote:Holy Crap! It's 4 games into a 162 game season. You need to settle down!

How do I pick starts? I take guys I think are my best and I keep them in until someone else proves to be better. Don't go switching guys on a daily basis in baseball.

Yup. I'll try to make sure my guys are actually starting, and occasionally I'll play matchups (only when one of my regular hitters has strong lefty-righty split differences and the matchup is on the bad side), but basically, you pick the best and ride it out. Even a good team will have bad weeks. Don't worry if your bad week happens to be the first one.

I'd look at what Padres Fan said. Your offense is solid, overall. Hernandez is marginal, so you could try to grab someone else who gets hot. You have too many outfielders, so I'd look to trade one. Motte is droppable (for someone good, not just because). Young is a question mark, but I'd hold there until you know what you have in him.

Do NOT drop Baker.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 66)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team