Rate my dynasty team (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my dynasty team (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my dynasty team (WHIR)

Postby TheWrightStuff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:24 am

What is going on guys? Anybody willing to give any opinions or advice will be helped in returned. Thank you.

Little background... 10 team h2h dynasty. Been in it since it's inception (4 years ago)

25 man roster. 35 Inning minimum.
Here are the stats
R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG
W, L, SV, H, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, BSV

C: C. Iannetta
1B: J. Morneau
2B: C. Utley
3B: D. Wright
SS: T. Tulowitzki
OF: J. Hamilton, C. Quentin, J. Dye, A. Dunn
Util: V-Mart, J. Lopez
BN: H. Pence, E. Dukes, D. Fowler

SP: J. Peavy, J. Shields, Y. Gallardo, J. Johnson
RP: J. Soria, M. Capps, M. Gonzalez, M. Lindstrom
BN: Z. Grienke, T. Cahill, Brett Anderson
DL: J. Lackey
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my dynasty team (WHIR)

Postby Hit Factory » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:00 am

Hey there, thanks for the help with mine! You have a great hitting team, however your pitching is a little "thin." Obviously Peavy is the ace, however afer that things get shaky, I am not sold on James Shields having a great season and Gallardo, Josh Johnson, and Greinke are question marks as well. I would look to trade a hitter (Carlos Quentin is great trade bait, high value from last season but a repeat is uncertain.) I would try and deal Quentin and Shields for possibly Wainwright+a hitter or Beckett+a hitter.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bcbhockey68 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 am

I've never played a dynasty league so I don't know how much help I can be, but as the poster said before try to deal Quentin now while his upside is high (it is hard for me to say that because I really like Quentin and it being dynasty you might think otherwise), and deal him for low end #2 pitcher and maybe some more speed.
bcbhockey68
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheWrightStuff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:28 am

Why so low on Quentin guys? I am curious. Given his pedigree and minor league track record I just though he needed to be healthy which he has been. I'd deal him straight up if anything. Who could I shoot for?
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bcbhockey68 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:38 am

Actually your right I don't think you should deal Quentin, he has too much upside, and could mash for many years to come. Your Pitching staff could improve but the thing with pitching you can find really good stuff on the WW throughout the season and maybe get lucky with this years Volquez, Lee, or Nolasco so don't worry about that. I think your main need is SBs and I'm sure you can package a couple players to get that guy, and even if you don't that is only one cat. and I wouldn't trade those guys you lucked out on like Hamilton or Quentin because those guys along with Wright and Utley will help you win Championship for years to come. Hope that helps and thanks for changing my mind the last poster made me forget how much I liked Quentin.
bcbhockey68
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:42 am

Thanks for the help on mine.

I like Quentin, If I were to trade a player it would be Dye, he is getting up there in age, and he seems to have Mediocre years followed by good years so this may be a .260 25hr season for him, I see Pence playing better this year than Dye.

If this was 12 teamer your pitching would be okay, but you could use another ace, and a Package of Dye would get you another established starter.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Very nice staff overall. I love the offense, and I think the pitching will hold up fine. You could always drop Cahill and Anderson and grab hot starters, and the addition of Lackey in a month will make your staff a powerhouse. Nice draft.

Thanks for the help with mine.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team