Last place and not looking good. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Last place and not looking good.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last place and not looking good.

Postby Jaguarxf » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:35 pm

I know it's week 1 but in my yahoo standard rotto league i am way behind already. I thought i drafted a good team but i guess i was wrong, need some advice, i gotta make some trades for better of's and rp i think. Thanks.

C Ryan Doumit

1B Albert Pujols,Prince Fielder,Paul Konerko

2B Howie Kendrick

3B Chris Davis

SS Miguel Tejada,Jhonny Peralta

OF Curtis Granderson,Andre Ethier,Adam Jones,Carlos Lee,J.D. Drew,Jeff Francoeur

SP Kevin Slowey,Cliff Lee,Jake Peavy,Brett Myers,John Danks

RP Brad Lidge,Chris Ray
Jaguarxf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Last place and not looking good.

Postby The Mighty Trow » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

don't panic whatever you do. its a good team and will do fine. some minor tweaks and you'll be even better.

Bats:
start peralta over tejada. If you have a utility, thats where i'd put prince. otherwise i'd trade him, preferably for an ace starter or a good starter and ace reliever combo. outfield isn't going to wow someone but its solid and will produce.

Pitchers:
you have three good pitchers in slowey, danks, peavy. Lee, i'm not too sold on. myers is meh IMHO. unless you have strict IP limits, i'd look to add someone else to bottom out the rotation.

Ray isn't closing and seems rusty - control is a big issue with post-TJS pitchers, so he's not guaranteed the job as long as sherril plays well. you need another closer, though. LIdge can't carry you.

good luck ;-D
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby walnuts1978 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:27 pm

I think u need to keep an eye on a guy like Matt Loporta coming up from the minors. If you can steal him before anyone else i think he'd benefit your team.

also, look at the A's closer. Brad Ziegler. he's probably already taken but i suggest you take him if he's available. Also, get rid of Brett Myers. Trade him drop him, whatever. He'll do more harm than good. Look at a guy like kelvim escobar, he's gonna be healthy and decent. Also, John Smoltz is coming back. His arm is getting strong.

Like the previous guy said, don't panic! I like adam Jones to start in your lineup. He's gonna produce all year!

--Peace!
walnuts1978
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Jaguarxf » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:36 pm

What can i get for myers?
Jaguarxf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby walnuts1978 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:05 pm

well, u have to look around at the other teams in your league. If he continues to struggle, you aren't going to get to much for him. He could be traded from the phillies as well, and that'll even hurt u more. Wait a week and see if he bounces back, if not trade him for a backup second baseman if you can.
walnuts1978
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey there, let me start off by saying it is wayyy to early to be worrying about being in last place. Unless one of your key players gets injured or something like that you should not even worry a week into the season! On paper your team looks good, my only suggestion would be look to use your major bargaining chip...Prince Fielder. Since you have Pujols he is obviously expendable, I would look to move him for an outfielder or package him with Chris Davis and Chris Ray and land a really good third baseman+a good closer(or a solid outfielder.)
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team