Best team I've drafted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Best team I've drafted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best team I've drafted

Postby Nugsin09 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Probably my 10th draft in 4 years but definitely the best. ESPN standard roto 10 team league. Picked 5th. I think I get an 8.5.

C: Martin
1B: Morneau
2B: Kinsler
3B: Longoria
SS: Tulowitzki
2B/SS: Theriot
1B/3B: Huff
OF: Braun
OF: Dye
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Adam Jones
OF: J.D. Drew
Util: Helton
Bench: Milledge

SP: Beckett, Oswalt, Lester, Nolasco, Dempster, Ubaldo Jiminez, Nolasco, Price, Millwood
RP: Fuentes, Street, Marmol
Nugsin09
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best team I've drafted

Postby The Mighty Trow » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:24 am

Is nice ;-D Can't see much wrong from where i'm standing...
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Best team I've drafted

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Hate to rain on your parade lol, but there are a few issues I see with this team. First of all the outfield is very weak, in a 10 team league you can get better players than Upton-Jones-Drew. Obviously Braun is amazing and Dye is fine but Drew is a WW player in most leagues, and Upton is shaky at best, (on my team last year %-6 ) Helton is going to see limited playing time so look to upgrade your Util spot and Milledge is in the minors! As for your starting pitching, on paper you seem to have some nice big name guys Beckett, Oswalt, and Lester. They should be fine, expect regression with Oswalt, I have a feeling Beckett and Lester should pull things together and have a good season. The rest of your SP's are question marks, I always look to take guys that I feel are "locks," (Wainwright, Peavy, Halladay, Johan Santana.) You don't have much by way of trade bait, but I would look to acquire Eric Bedard or Josh Johnson asap, they are going to have monstrous seasons. Your closers are decent, Fuentes has gotten off to a rocky start but I think he will be ok, the problem is with Street. Besides the fact that he plays his home games at Coors Field, he just isn't that good. Marmol is a nice pitcher and should take over closing duties once Gregg officially implodes. Overall I think you have a great infield with a marginal rest of the team.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team