Denny Reyes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Denny Reyes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Denny Reyes

Postby fisha697 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Getting the save over franklin? worth a pickup?
fisha697
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Denny Reyes

Postby marsrover21 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Probably worth a pickup, but I have no idea what's going on in St. Lou.
marsrover21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SwingandaMiss » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:50 pm

marsrover21 wrote:Probably worth a pickup, but I have no idea what's going on in St. Lou.

check out the closer thread in baseball leftovers. apparently reyes was brought in to face multiple consecutive left handed batters. otherwise, motte would have likely gotten the opportunity.
SwingandaMiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 pm

SwingandaMiss wrote:
marsrover21 wrote:Probably worth a pickup, but I have no idea what's going on in St. Lou.

check out the closer thread in baseball leftovers. apparently reyes was brought in to face multiple consecutive left handed batters. otherwise, motte would have likely gotten the opportunity.

Exactly. This was a classic Tony LaRussa type move given the batters due up in the 9th. I wouldn't read anything into this.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby adeut85 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:03 pm

It's worth a shot if you have Chris Ray on your team failing to regain his closer role spectacularly :-C
adeut85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wildbill » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:03 pm

adeut85 wrote:It's worth a shot if you have Chris Ray on your team failing to regain his closer role spectacularly :-C

And then you'll be kicking yourself in september when Ray has 15-20 saves and Reyes has 2.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby adeut85 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:12 pm

wildbill wrote:
adeut85 wrote:It's worth a shot if you have Chris Ray on your team failing to regain his closer role spectacularly :-C

And then you'll be kicking yourself in september when Ray has 15-20 saves and Reyes has 2.

It's not like Ray is getting the job tomorrow. He has a long ways to go before they will give him the job so pick him up when that time comes.
adeut85
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SenorFresco7 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:48 am

This is nothing. Motte wasn't allowed to pitch today because he throw over 30 pitches in his 4 run blow up against the Pirates. The batting lineup for the inning was 2 lefties then a switch hitter so La Russa went with the odds instead of having 3 lefties face Franklin or McClellan.
SenorFresco7
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby wildbill » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:53 am

adeut85 wrote:
wildbill wrote:

It's not like Ray is getting the job tomorrow. He has a long ways to go before they will give him the job so pick him up when that time comes.

Thank You Mr. Obvious!!!! If I thought he was going to get the job soon I would have said Ray would have 30-40 saves and Reyes 2. 15-20 is a reasonable number if you assume Ray gets the job around mid-season. Unless of course you're trying to tell me that you think the Os will only generate 15-20 saves ops all season. A lot of people would pick up and hold Ray in some leagues where closers are hard to come by. Maybe you play in a league where there are still several closers available.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates