How do I clear up space? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How do I clear up space?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How do I clear up space?

Postby Seatownfavorite » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 pm

At the start of this season I am having a difficult time finding any traders in my dynasty league. Typically I like to have a stacked starting lineup with multi-positional backups so that I can build a big rotation of pitchers. I am looking at some middle reliever specialty guys who can help drive down my pitching peripherals, and always looking for the next big ace. Unfortunately I just don't have the space on my roster to do the kind of WW mining that I enjoy. So what do I do with this roster to make space?

Dynasty 10 Team Roto
R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, GIDP, A, FPCT, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS, XBH, SB%
W, L, SV, HR, K, WP, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, OBPA, WIN%, SV%, QS

C: Soto
1st: Pujols
2nd: Kendrick
SS: Hanley
3rd: C. Davis
INF: A. Gonzalez
LF: Bay
CF: Hamilton
RF: Guerrero
UTIL: N. Cruz
BN: Bruce, Pence, Ibanez, Maybin, Atkins, Figgins, Ian Stewart

4SP: Lincecum, Hamels, Billingsley, Cain
2RP: Fuentes, F. Cordero
3P: Lindstrom, F. Francisco, Villanueva
BN: Volstad, Zimmerman, Price, Brett Anderson
DL: Lackey

My first instinct is to trade because I believe everyone has value. That hasn't worked this year. Second is to drop some aging guys like Figgins or Ibanez, but I am having a really difficult time doing that because they will almost certainly outproduce anything I plan on picking up, and they just don't belong on waivers. I am really high on Stewart and Cruz, so-so on Maybin and Pence. My main pickups I want are Gordon Beckham and Trevor Cahill.
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How do I clear up space?

Postby The Mighty Trow » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:13 am

i'm not familiar with dynasty leagues, so my two cents might be worthless here. but unless there are rules to dynasty leagues that i am missing, i wouldn't want to drop any of your team for beckham and cahill. your team looks very well built from where i'm standing -- what would be the benefit to adding those two over some already rostered players?
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: How do I clear up space?

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 pm

First of all great avatar, Chevy Chase is the man! I would look to make a 2-1 deal, that way you could gain a solid player plus you would have room to pickup a great reliever to help your peripherals, (an example being Jose Arrendondo or Rafael Soriano.) I would look to package Ibanez and Atkins, Atkins will be traded before the deadline and this will greatly reduce his fantasy value since he will be away from the friendly confines of Coors Field. Also, try and get Figgins in your lineup you are going to be lacking in the steals department without him.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team