Angels SP Nick Adenhart Dead at 22 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Angels SP Nick Adenhart Dead at 22

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Angels SP Nick Adenhart Dead at 22

Postby redstorm41 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 pm

I have never been an Angels fan, but as a baseball fan, you can truly appreciate good young talent and what might be for them. Nick had his future taken away from someone who was heartless enough to drive away from the scene. I pray for Nick and his family that justice will be served after this incident. Best of it all in the next world. May the next life treat you better than this one. RIP. :,-(
redstorm41
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:47 pm

What a complete waste. It is NEVER the drunk driver who dies, always some innocent person who has to leave their family in complete shock and sadness, never to be the same again. It just pisses me off... the worst part is that ANOTHER idiot judge will let him out in 5 years and he'll kill someone else the exact same way. The drunk driver should get 20-25 years, and the judge who let him off easy the first time should be tossed in jail too - judges have a LOT of leeway to come down very hard on drunk drivers, but very few do.

Rest in Peace to Nick Adenhart and the other victims of this crash, and God Bless your families. :,-(
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby jzfran » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Such a sad story. I knew the name sounded familiar...then I realized I was looking at him thinking of picking him up after scanning box scores late last night. Such a shame. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, fans, and teammates.

Did anyone see Boras balling his eyes out at a PC today about this? I thought he was a cold-hearted SOB but apparently he has a heart and Adenhart seemed like a true winner.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:What a complete waste. It is NEVER the drunk driver who dies, always some innocent person who has to leave their family in complete shock and sadness, never to be the same again. It just pisses me off... the worst part is that ANOTHER idiot judge will let him out in 5 years and he'll kill someone else the exact same way. The drunk driver should get 20-25 years, and the judge who let him off easy the first time should be tossed in jail too - judges have a LOT of leeway to come down very hard on drunk drivers, but very few do.

Rest in Peace to Nick Adenhart and the other victims of this crash, and God Bless your families. :,-(

this should happen anyways as it should be 3 counts of felony 1st degree vehicular manslaughter... and with priors already on his record (drinking) it will come down much harder, not to mention i know the judicial system doesn't take part in media, but it happens and with this being a big sports star killed it will be even worse for him... at least i hope...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
Bloody Sox wrote:What a complete waste. It is NEVER the drunk driver who dies, always some innocent person who has to leave their family in complete shock and sadness, never to be the same again. It just pisses me off... the worst part is that ANOTHER idiot judge will let him out in 5 years and he'll kill someone else the exact same way. The drunk driver should get 20-25 years, and the judge who let him off easy the first time should be tossed in jail too - judges have a LOT of leeway to come down very hard on drunk drivers, but very few do.

this should happen anyways as it should be 3 counts of felony 1st degree vehicular manslaughter... and with priors already on his record (drinking) it will come down much harder, not to mention i know the judicial system doesn't take part in media, but it happens and with this being a big sports star killed it will be even worse for him... at least i hope...

and he was driving with a suspended license. he should be charged and convicted of murder, this was nothing less.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby ironman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Incredibly sad. Thanks for the 6 K's last night Nick, I wish I could've enjoyed you on my team a little longer. R.I.P. :,-(
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:27 pm

AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Very sad news.
At least he went quickly and went out on a high note. RIP
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Vlad » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:38 pm

wow condolonces to the young man's family!

I have a late draft tonight, i think i'll pick him up with my last round pick...
Vlad
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Heard about this earlier today. That sucks...he had quite a future ahead of him.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers