Angels SP Nick Adenhart Dead at 22 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Angels SP Nick Adenhart Dead at 22

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Angels SP Nick Adenhart Dead at 22

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:05 pm

This is something that I hate to talk about, and before I do I will preface it by saying that I have done some stupid things in my life, and apologize everyday for them, as well as thank God everyday that nothing serious resulted from my previous actions.
I have three DUIs in my still relatively short life. All occurance resulted in accidents, though luckily ALL have been one car accidents, my own. I do know now that each time I sat behind the wheel drunk, I endangered every life that was on the road. One positive, on top of never injuring anyone, is that I never drove with a suspended liscense. My liscense is gone for 10 years as we speak (7 more to go), and I have not drove at all, not even just to park a car.
These incidents were incredibly stupid on my part. Me and my wife pray ALL of the time in thanks for never injuring/killing anybody. Because of these incidents, I have become pretty religious. I actually 'teach' a alcoholics meeting at the church that I attend.

I am deeply saddened for all involved in this situation, and any and every similiar to it. You all can bash me if you want, as it is the easy way out during/after a tragedy. To even tell this in a forum like this has taken quite a bit of heart on my part. I hate to say it, but things happen for a reason. God has a plan for all the people involved and not involved in this situation. If we do not grow and become better people for it, then we have failed. I know that I will not fail because of what I have gone through.

I have and will continue to pray for all those involved. My best wishes to those.

RIP

Andy
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Half Massed wrote:The guy who did it is being charged with triple homicide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkINm3VT9.KLIQ_TevdTcls5nYcB?slug=ap-angels-pitcherkilled&prov=ap&type=lgns

Good.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BiggGC » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:33 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:This is something that I hate to talk about, and before I do I will preface it by saying that I have done some stupid things in my life, and apologize everyday for them, as well as thank God everyday that nothing serious resulted from my previous actions.
I have three DUIs in my still relatively short life. All occurance resulted in accidents, though luckily ALL have been one car accidents, my own. I do know now that each time I sat behind the wheel drunk, I endangered every life that was on the road. One positive, on top of never injuring anyone, is that I never drove with a suspended liscense. My liscense is gone for 10 years as we speak (7 more to go), and I have not drove at all, not even just to park a car.
These incidents were incredibly stupid on my part. Me and my wife pray ALL of the time in thanks for never injuring/killing anybody. Because of these incidents, I have become pretty religious. I actually 'teach' a alcoholics meeting at the church that I attend.

I am deeply saddened for all involved in this situation, and any and every similiar to it. You all can bash me if you want, as it is the easy way out during/after a tragedy. To even tell this in a forum like this has taken quite a bit of heart on my part. I hate to say it, but things happen for a reason. God has a plan for all the people involved and not involved in this situation. If we do not grow and become better people for it, then we have failed. I know that I will not fail because of what I have gone through.

I have and will continue to pray for all those involved. My best wishes to those.

RIP

Andy

Thank you.......... Great post............
Thanks to WhiteSoxPride
BiggGC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby neoforce » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:50 pm

BiggGC wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:This is something that I hate to talk about, and before I do I will preface it by saying that I have done some stupid things in my life, and apologize everyday for them, as well as thank God everyday that nothing serious resulted from my previous actions.

RIP

Andy

Thank you.......... Great post............

+1

My beliefs are different than yours, but I think you have the right perspective about the mistakes you made and I admire both your courage to tell us and the fact that you are trying to make a difference by working with others.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:23 pm

The driver (Andrew Gallo) of the car that killed Nick Adenhart & 2 others has been charged w/ triple murder. ;-D
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Yikes....

With all the people I know who drove drunk during college (and still do) it kind of hits home....

Murder though? Doesn't that mean it's pre-meditated? I presume it wouldn't have been murder but rather manslaughter if he had not left the scene?
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Irish wrote:Yikes....

With all the people I know who drove drunk during college (and still do) it kind of hits home....

Murder though? Doesn't that mean it's pre-meditated? I presume it wouldn't have been murder but rather manslaughter if he had not left the scene?

Nope that is different charge.

The fact that he has prior DUI conviction & that he was 3x over the legal limit played a part I am sure, not to mention he just had a blatant disregard for life.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby smoovethug » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:42 pm

neoforce wrote:...but I think you have the right perspective about the mistakes you made and I admire both your courage to tell us and the fact that you are trying to make a difference by working with others.

Likewise. ;-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby djack909 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:53 pm

In my mother's home country Finland, for 50 yrs the penalty for first offense DUI is suspension for 5 yrs and surrender of your vehicle to the state. That make sense to me.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers