mlb.tv issues tonight? (apart from their terrible streams) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

mlb.tv issues tonight? (apart from their terrible streams)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mlb.tv issues tonight? (apart from their terrible streams)

Postby Jschmuck2 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:11 pm

My Mlb.tv is hanging at "verifying your account" before it coughs up a generic error message about calling customer support.

Also, the mlbsupport.com/forum is down.

What the Mod Edit I know it sucks but still ****, MLB? I pay $55 per ticket for this?!?
Jschmuck2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: mlb.tv issues tonight? (apart from their terrible streams)

Postby Mortician » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:46 pm

I love the new mlbtv player. Perfectly smooth streaming in full HD. Been watching for 2 days straight and it hasn't frozen or lagged. PIP is incredibly clear. Huge, HUGE upgrade over last years mosaic program.

PS- I had the exact same error last year. I called mlb.com support and the problem was fixed in a matter of minutes. Don't know why they couldn't help you this time. Ive never had a problem with mlb.com customer support in the past.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 am

i've been thinking about signing up, for the premium one. it says the HD stream is 3MB, and my connection is 3MB but it usually tops out at 2.8M. will i have playback issues or will it still play smooth?

p.s. is every game available in HD?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mortician » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:26 pm

So Far every game of the regular season that I've seen has been broadcast in full HD. Beautiful picture on my monitor. As for the streaming bandwidth question, I'm not sure. But, using my system as an example, I Use a wireless connection from a cheap $50 linksys router connected to a 9 yr old cable modem with standard cable internet service from cablevision (my local provider) and have no problems with the streaming. The only time I've noticed a tiny bit of lag in the video is when I have the mlbtv video up at the same time as 2 yahoo stattrackers and my windows media center TV on (to watch the local blackout games), and thats solely on account of the memory on my comp being maxed out (5 yr old comp with only 2 GB of memory), not on the connection. I highly reccommend it.

PS... If you get it, make sure you definitely get the premium service, otherwise you wont receive full HD streaming, and you wont be able to watch multiple games at once, or use the Picture in Picture. Definitely worth the extra couple bucks.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:33 pm

yeah i just want to know if my connection can handle the HD stream at 3mb/sec. that's some serious data streaming, i'm curious to know if it really needs a 3mb connection.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ordinarygenius » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:16 pm

As for the streaming, I had the same problem as you have, Jschmuck2. I then emptied my cache and god rid of all the cookies and now it works fine. Maybe you could try that if you haven't already.
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:34 pm

anyone noticed a delay on mlb tv?? I feel that its always half an inning behind.

If i go look at yahoo box scores, I'll already know happens
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mt99808 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Has anybody ever hooked this new HD stream up to 40" + plasma or LCD? I ordered a DVI to HDMI converter and I'm just waiting for it to come in to give it a shot. The thought of watching 4 games at once on my tv gives me a boner but I'm thinking i'm gonna be disappointed in the quality.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mortician » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 am

mt99808 wrote:Has anybody ever hooked this new HD stream up to 40" + plasma or LCD? I ordered a DVI to HDMI converter and I'm just waiting for it to come in to give it a shot. The thought of watching 4 games at once on my tv gives me a boner but I'm thinking i'm gonna be disappointed in the quality.

My comp's connected to a 60" Sony XBR LCD in my living Room. Picture's Great. Its a tiny bit better on my work computer which has a 26" westinghouse monitor, but that may be because I'm sitting directly in front of it, whereas I'm a few feet away in my living room
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mortician » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:53 am

Yin_Xu88 wrote:anyone noticed a delay on mlb tv?? I feel that its always half an inning behind.

If i go look at yahoo box scores, I'll already know happens

It's been like that for the past few years. Usually about 30-35 sec's behind yahoo's gamechannel/stattracker. That comes with the territory when you're talking about basically any live streaming video. I usually downsize the stattracker when I watch so it doesn't give it away.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers