Fantasy Angel's (mostly) Daily Player News - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Fantasy Angel's (mostly) Daily Player News

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fantasy Angel's (mostly) Daily Player News

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:47 pm

Josh Hamilton
Josh –Kosh-Bgosh- will most likely hit the DL on Thursday for 15 days of R&R. The Doc says Strained Intercoastal – That’s about 8 – 10 days or rest normally.
Fantasy Angel Note – They are trying to treat it, but are expected to announce on Thursday.

All of the reports I've read on Hamilton sound pretty bad. The guy can barely move. Aren't abdominal injuries the type that linger?

Loving the daily player updates, I've added your thread to my daily reading. Keep'em coming!!!
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tiggis » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Brendan Ryan
The Card’s Official propaganda page reports that Ryan will take 15 days of R&R on the DL. The injury is a left hammy pull he got from running out a foul ball.

Pablo Sandonval
Pablo left the game last night with a groin pull. He is listed as day to day.

Carlos Delgado
Carlos is still having back issues the New York Post reports. Manager Jerry Manuel will rest him again today in hopes that some more whirlpool time will help the issue.

Aramis Ramirez
Aram will get one more chance to prove his leg healthy enough to hobble on before a DL drip. – The Sun Times Reports.
Fantasy Angel Note – The cubs are desperate for another infielder and Aram to the DL would open up the roster spot for a super sub.

Jeff Baker
The Baker will take an unwelcomed 15 day R&R vacation according to the Denver Post.
Fantasy Angel Note- Word is Baker did NOT want to go and was shocked to be told he was not playing this weekend.

Khalil Greene
Khalili will be on the bench for 3 or 5 games due to a forearm problem he developed making a throw on Monday. – The Cards Official page reports.
Fantasy Angel Note – Word is it hurts when he throws, so you might see him pinch hit.

Edwin Encarnacion
Edwin finally admitted what we all knew yesterday. He has been hurt since spring. (his batting average shows that). – The Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Fantasy Angel Note- This explains why he has not been able to catch up to a fastball. 15 days should help.

Hanley Ramirez
The Marlins are reporting that Hanley may be back in the lineup as soon as tonight. Manager Fredi Gonzalez reports the odds at 80/20.
Fantasy Angel Note – Word is he made some positive progress swinging a bat

Brad Lidge
Brad Lidge is scheduled to throw a session Friday. If all goes well he can pitch that night, if he feels pain its 15 day DL. – The Philadelphia Inquirer
Fantasy Angel Note- This is a good one to keep a close eye on.

Cole Hammels
Cole has not had any more negatives from his ankle sprain and should make his next start. He will throw on Friday. – Philadelphia Inquirer

Nate McLouth
The Post Gazette reports that Nate will be ready on Friday to play. Manager John Russell says –Not so fast there Nate ! He will have to take batting practice prior to the game and prove that he is ready.
Game time descision.

Brian McCann
Brian is trying out two more contact lenses in the minors. So far it has not looked good on paper… reports are he is 1 for 6 against minor league pitching.
Fantasy Angel Note – He says he is seeing better, but 1 for 6 is not a confidence builder for me. He can come off the DL on May 8th.

I will add more soon, I was slow gathering the news
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Magnus_CA » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Love this column. Keep it coming!

About Aram's potential ride on the DL train...you mentioned a 'super sub' which I assume you mean super 2. If so, or if not, anyone you you think may be fantasy relevant?
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tiggis » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Magnus_CA wrote:Love this column. Keep it coming!

About Aram's potential ride on the DL train...you mentioned a 'super sub' which I assume you mean super 2. If so, or if not, anyone you you think may be fantasy relevant?

Sources say they will call up

Bobby Scales - Lifetime Minor leaguer Teaches part time in the off season at a middle school.

Word is he is a nice guy, but he is a not someone that you would want to pick up.
Fantasy Angel
Yes that is my photo,
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 pm

tiggis wrote:

Bobby Scales - Lifetime Minor leaguer Teaches part time in the off season at a middle school.

Word is he is a nice guy, but he is a not someone that you would want to pick up.

what sources are those? just wonderin...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Chicago RedSox » Fri May 01, 2009 12:32 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
tiggis wrote:

what sources are those? just wonderin...

Yeah, cause I heard he was the meanest teacher in the whole school!
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tiggis » Fri May 01, 2009 12:09 pm

Carlos Delgado
The New York Post reports that the day off helped Carlos, but his availability for tonight is still a gametime descision.

Chris Carpenter
Chris has a positive outlook and thinks he is progressing well in his recovery from his oblique injury – reports the St Louis Post Dispatch.
Fantasy Angel Note – He says there is no pain, just a limitation in movement.

Aramis Ramirez
In a strange descision Aram will NOT go on the DL. – The Cubs propaganda page reports, Instead he will work on his calf hopes to play in a few days.
Fantasy Angel Note – The MRI results sure suggests 15 day DL to everyone but the Cubs.

Mark Prior
Mark is hurt again. This is NOT a repeat of 2004- 2005 – 2006 ect. His rehab is at a standstill while check him out.

Jose Valverde
Jose’s MRI shows multiple Hemoatomas. (that’s busted blood vessels to you and me). And the doc had to drain them. – The Houston Chronicle
Fantasy Angel Note – They could only drain about 15% of the fluid so the rest is still in there. Look for a return from the DL around May 20th

Tommy Hanson
Wonderkid Tommy Hanson pitched 6 scoreless innings in AAA ball yesterday.
Fantasy Angel Note – He may see some time for the Braves if he keeps dominating.

Jason Isringhausen
Izzy had a minor setback in his AAA start being pulled for a mild abdominal strain.

Eric Chavez
Chavez may go to the 15 day DL to recover from that forearm strain he is fighing with.
Fantasy Angel Note – Look for them to put him on the DL Friday.

Josh Hamilton
Josh –Kosh- bgosh- says he feels great, but there is not ETA for his return to the lineup.
Fantasy Angel Note – He has not yet began to swing a bat, so look for him to take some more time.

Joakim Soria
The Joaker is recovering well from his back and shoulder issues and should be back possibly today. – The Kansas City Star Reports
Fantasy Angel
Yes that is my photo,
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 02, 2009 2:03 am

tiggis wrote:Eric Chavez
Chavez may go to the 15 day DL to recover from that forearm strain he is fighing with.
Fantasy Angel Note – Look for them to put him on the DL Friday.

Thanks I was wondering about that.
Why don't they just send him to the glue factory now. :-P
Hopefully this guarantees Patterson even more playing time. :-L
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby tiggis » Mon May 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Jermaine Dye
Never say DYE! The Chicago Tribune reports Ozzie will play Dye tonight if he is ready to go.
Fantasy Angel Note – Jermaine said on Sunday he could not hold a bat….

Andrew Miller
Andrew is scheduled to begin a rehab stint on Tuesday.
Fantasy Angel Note – He Ks about 7 per 9, if he can find some control he will be a mid rotation pitcher.

Brian McCann
Brian will get some glasses and then head to Gwinnett to play a AAA rehab assignment. – The Atlanta Urinal and Constipation reports.
Fantasy Angel Note – It’s been bad weather wise in Gwinnett for 3 days.. but maybe he will get some at bats.

David Ortiz
Ortiz’s BB rate is down and his K rate is up. That’s a bad combo for any hitter but add in a traveling BA of .174 and you have a tragic decline.
Fantasy Angel Note – I would not start him on the road for certain right now.

Damaso Marte
The Yanks bullpen cannot catch a break as Marte goes down!... Newsday reports. He takes a 15 day ride on the DL express.
Fantasy Angel Note – The WBC claims another victim.

Nick Swisher
Nick will start tonight if nothing new pops up says Manager Girardi. – Newsday reports.

Not alot of news as it was a Sunday of rainouts.
Fantasy Angel
Yes that is my photo,
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tiggis » Mon May 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Chipper Jones
The Atlanta Urinal and Constipation report that Chipper’s belbow is sore and that he could sit for the next 2 games with an ice-pack and a smile.
Fantasy Angel Note- Word is that he can’t throw across the infield, but he can swing?

David Eckstein
Icky got a few bruised ribs on Sunday reports the San Diego Tribune. X-rays are negative.

Scott Olsen
Olsen caught a batted ball off his ankle instead of his glove hand and had to leave the game Sunday in the 5th.
Fantasy Angel Note – A little earlier in the game he took one off his shin, boy he moves slow.

Troy Tulowitzki
Troy The boy toy Tulowitzki finally started hitting and immediately hurt that same leg that took him out for so long last year.
Fantasy Angel Note – He says he will take the off day today and then he hopes it will be feeling better. At least torn like last time.

Garrett Anderson
Word around the Braves organization is that Garrett either starts hitting or starts riding a bus to his games.
Yahoo stats reports that Garret can’t hit the ground with his bat and may soon be heading to Gwinnett to learn how to play baseball.

Chris Carpenter
The Carp threw the long toss before Sunday’s game and was even seen putting a little Zing on the ball.
Fantasy Angel Note – If he gets through a few bullpen sessions he will be activated when the team returns home.

Derrek Lee
Lee had his MRI on Sunday instead of today so we should know if he is up the creek or not. – The Houston Chronicle

Lance Beckman
Lance’s sore hammy that has kept him out of the last 3 games is improving.
Fantasy Angel Note – We can only help this time on the bench will help improve his batting skills.

Casey Kotchman
The AJC reports that Casey played through some shoulder and neck soreness to 3 hit the game Sunday.
Fantasy Angel Note – Go get him now before the word is out.

Stephen Drew
Drew went 1 for 5 and the 1 was a triple on Sunday at AAA Reno. He should be back as soon as Arizona comes home.

Hiroki Kuroda
Hiro (how are you) is throwing off the mound – The La Times reports after throwing 25 pitches he felt great.

Jason Werth
Werth took the day off after trying to knock the wall down Saturday. Charlie Manuel thought a day’s rest as a precaution would be wise – so says the Philly Inquirer.

Nomar Garciaparra
Nomar is not hurt again. He should be ready to play on Friday when he is supposed to come off the DL. This is not a repeat of 2005, 2006, 2007
Fantasy Angel
Yes that is my photo,
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates