14 Team H2H WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 Team H2H WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14 Team H2H WHIR

Postby caliendo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:36 am

14 Team League. Head to Head Weekly. Scoring is Runs/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/W/SV/K/ERA/WHIP

C
Bengie Molina, SF, C
1B
Jorge Cantu, Fla 1B, 3B
2B
Robinson Cano, NYY 2B
3B
Kevin Youkilis, Bos 1B, 3B
SS
Jimmy Rollins, Phi SS
OF
Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF
OF
Adam Dunn, Was OF
OF
Ryan Ludwick, StL OF
OF
Randy Winn, SF OF
OF
Daniel Murphy, NYM OF
Util
Alex Gordon, KC 3B
BN
Garret Anderson, Atl OF, DH
BN
Skip Schumaker, StL OF
BN
Mike Lowell, Bos 3B
BN
Kendry Morales, LAA OF

P
CC Sabathia, NYY SP
P
Ricky Nolasco, Fla SP
P
Joe Saunders, LAA SP
P
Bronson Arroyo, Cin SP
P
Mike Pelfrey, NYM SP
P
Joe Nathan, Min RP
P
Brian Fuentes, LAA RP
P
Brian Wilson, SF RP
BN
Carlos Villanueva, Mil RP
BN
Clay Buchholz, Bos SP
DL
John Lackey*, LAA SP

What do ya'll think? Im thinking to trade Lowell and maybe Anderson/Winn for a better OF. Once Lackey comes back my pitching should be solid and in my hitting I think OF is my only weakness. What say you?
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 Team H2H WHIR

Postby Hit Factory » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 am

Hey there, thanks for the help! You said that I have a good team for a 12 team league...well you have a really good team for a 14 team league! I think Cantu is a bit of a gamble at first, but I think if he plays a full season he will put up solid numbers, (in the past whenever he played the full year he has had nice stats.) Another question mark is Cano, again I think he will play much better than last year and will return to his 2007 form. Big fan of your outfield, you combine speed with power and I think Randy Winn is really underrated, and is a good player to have especially in a larger league. Alex Gordon and Kendry Morales are in for big seasons as well so kudos on selecting them! Your pitching is solid as well, I am not a huge Sabathia fan and personally I would sell high and try and deal him for a big name starter of equal fantasy value. When Lackey comes back he should be very effective and should get plenty of wins on the Angels. Overall I think you should do really well in your league, I encourage you to look into dealing Sabathia while his value is high, I really don't think he is going to have a good season.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby caliendo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:03 pm

So do you think if I can get say Lincecum or someone like that for Sabathia I should take it?
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:09 pm

I think you have a pretty solid squad for a 14 team league. Here is where I see areas of weakness:

1B: Cantu is a gamble, but one that could pay off very well. I think there is moderate risk here.

OF: You noticed your deficiency here, and it appears as if in later rounds you tried to correct it. But I think you're right to be looking for an upgrade here. I would look to package Lowell with Saunders (see below) and do a deal. Saunder's gaudy numbers last year might get a good value in return for a team lacking a strong starting staff.

Bench: You don't have a lot of versatility here, with 3 OF. I would look to drop one and pick up a toolsy replacement to fill in at a number of positions, if anyone with multiple position qualification is available.

SP: Solid staff, but you have a few strong bust candidates in Saunders and Pelfry. Saunder's K/9 rate was anemic last year, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see major regression in his W, ERA, and WHIP numbers. I also believe that Pelfry overproduced last year. Both may put up fine numbers, but my gut tells me they are liabilities. Once Lackey comes back, you're fine.

IMO Sabathia is a safer bet than Lincecum. Just an opinion.

Again, your squad is very solid as is. But these are the areas in which I would be on the lookout for backup as the season progresses. Good luck!

Help if you can:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=376456
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Hit Factory » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:13 pm

caliendo wrote:So do you think if I can get say Lincecum or someone like that for Sabathia I should take it?

To be honest I would try and grab Roy Halladay, he is my favorite fantasy pitcher by far! I know he is on a crappy team now, but I would bet he gets traded to a contender before the deadline, if that happens his value will skyrocket! I know Lincecum is the more popular player, but I hate these one hit wonders who have 1 season under their belts. I don't think its worth the risk of him having a subpar season when you can bank on Halladay who is a proven ace and has been awesome for years! I think Sabathia was rated higher than Halladay coming into this season so depending on who the owner is you might even be able to squeeze a 2nd player out of his as well making it a very profitable 2-1 deal on your behalf.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby meotraix » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Very good team for a 14 H2H league! I would definitely try to deal off your veterans (Anderson, Lowell, etc.) for some upside/risky pitchers.

I think aside from CC and Lackey, your pitchers have the potential to implode (like Saunders, Nolasco, etc.) so you'll need more added insurance there then with offense. I know ppl have voice concern with Cantu, but I personally don't think he's a huge risk. Your offense should perform as expected in my opinion.
meotraix
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Pinstripe Pride » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I have to say for a 14 team league you did outstanding only thing is u may need some kes with lackey out but when he comes back your all set for a big time year .. please rate mine

viewtopic.php?t=376982
Pinstripe Pride
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Padres Fan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Offense wise great job, though I see Ludwick going only .270 25hrs. and Youk .290 20hrs

Cantu is a Gamble but may hit 25hrs, Dunn, Cantu, Ludwick, may hurt your team BA, There should be a better OF on waivers than Garrett Anderson, and who knows what Lowell will do

Pitching looks great for a 14 teamer, would recommend dropping Villenueva for another SP

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=377206
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby caliendo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Nevermind I saw that Price got sent back to the minors. Im thinking looking to trade for wainwright.
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team