Carlos Lee 0-8 drop him? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Lee 0-8 drop him?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Lee 0-8 drop him?

Postby metsfan12 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:18 am

Got ya! Are Lee's poor ST stats and 0-8 start the result of anything wrong with him that anyone knows of? I am not thinking of dropping him, just wondering if he is ok and if I should maybe look to move him before bad news hits the wire. I tried to trade him and change for Soriano before the season started but bailed on that idea and now I wish I hadn't.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Lee 0-8 drop him?

Postby fiz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 am

check his career stats - april is his worst month by far. he'll get his. hang tight.
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LostInTheBoom » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 am

I already dropped him and picked up Felipe Lopez. If you can't produce in the first two games of the season, there's no place for you on my team...
LostInTheBoom
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 pm

LostInTheBoom wrote:I already dropped him and picked up Felipe Lopez. If you can't produce in the first two games of the season, there's no place for you on my team...

Agreed. Time is money in fantasy baseball. I have no tolerance for people who can't produce every day.

On a more serious note, I agree with above that Lee will be fine, and is just off to his typical April start. Last year's injury was a freak thing that should have no bearing on him this year, and he's been one of the most reliable players as far as injury is concerned over the past few seasons.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Neboguy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Please do not drop Carlos Lee 8-o
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Dropping "El Caballo" What crazy talk is this, just after 2 games!!! %-6 Damn wish I was in your league, and could reap the benefits of scouping him off the waiver wire.

Carlos Lee has been one of the most productive and consistent bats of this past decade......No worries here. :-°
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 199)

Postby metsfan12 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:Dropping "El Caballo" What crazy talk is this, just after 2 games!!! %-6 Damn wish I was in your league, and could reap the benefits of scouping him off the waiver wire.

Carlos Lee has been one of the most productive and consistent bats of this past decade......No worries here. :-°

Guess you guys are pretty big geniuses huh (sarcasm)? I was kidding with dropping Lee and I said so, the other dude was being sarcastic. Since you can't figure that out I thought I better make sure to point out the sarcasm this time around. Anyway, I only made that the subject so everyone would read the message and maybe someone knew of something bothering Lee.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BUCCOFAN » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 pm

metsfan12 wrote:
BUCCOFAN wrote:Dropping "El Caballo" What crazy talk is this, just after 2 games!!! %-6 Damn wish I was in your league, and could reap the benefits of scouping him off the waiver wire.

Guess you guys are pretty big geniuses huh (sarcasm)? I was kidding with dropping Lee and I said so, the other dude was being sarcastic. Since you can't figure that out I thought I better make sure to point out the sarcasm this time around. Anyway, I only made that the subject so everyone would read the message and maybe someone knew of something bothering Lee.

Not that I have heard of, (I own Lee) he had a quite Spring Training too, so I wouldnt read too much into this. Still should be a top 10 OF. No worries here.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 199)

Postby metsfan12 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:
metsfan12 wrote:

Not that I have heard of, (I own Lee) he had a quite Spring Training too, so I wouldnt read too much into this. Still should be a top 10 OF. No worries here.

Ok, I had him higher than most people and took him in the mid-2nd round. That pace he was on last year was awesome. 35/10 with 130 RBI and a .300+ BA isn't out of the question in a injury free season.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tah161 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:14 pm

I would drop him.

Whenever a play goes 0 for 8 in the first two games of the season, it pretty much means they are going to have the worse year in baseball history.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates