Streak for the Cash - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Streak for the Cash

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Streak for the Cash

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:56 pm

FYI, it was actually goals+assists from both players, so Thierry is up 2-0 right now and looking good. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:00 pm

when it comes to soccer matches I always pick the win/draw side, but soccer is lame either way :-)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Ah, forgot to chime in. Barca are demolishing Bayern, up 4-0 at half, and they're cruising right now as expected. Henry missed TWO sitters, including one where he actually slid and inadvertently hit the Bayern keeper in the face, but he scored that 4th goal. It's been a bit of a chronic problem for Henry all year, but he's produced well, especially when he struggled from the wing last year and once again, he set up the goal. Going into this game, I'd be disappointed if Barca didn't win by 4 goals and looks like they're on their way to proving me right.

Liverpool and Chelsea even, 1-1, as expected so far.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 617)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:03 pm

bigken117 wrote:when it comes to soccer matches I always pick the win/draw side, but soccer is lame either way :-)

I love football.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Scratch that, Chelsea up 2-1. Branislav Ivanovic, second-string defender bagged his second of the match. I thought Chelsea's marking was bad, it's Liverpool.

Holy crap, CHELSEA UP 3-1!!!! Drogba a bit offside, but Reina had no chance. Take that you Scousers. :-)
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby dream_017 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Just joined your little group :-B
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, that Thierry bet was cake. I'm going to take the Blazers against the Spurs for the evening games, as I think there's a good chance Duncan sits and Manu is already out. Then I have to decide between the MLW/SF game or the OAK/LAA game. For some reason, I like Oakland?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 pm

I would probably go with the Angels. If I remember right, Eveland wasn't that great away from Oakland.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 pm

I went 37-17-1 last month when I first started to play I got to a streak of 10 and then busted. I started strong with a 5 streak lately but I got burnt by Denmark this morning. I joined the group. I've got my wife playing too so we've got a chance to win twice, but I'm not helping her with any of her picks. She went 19-13 last month so she does have some skill :-b
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:19 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I went 37-17-1 last month when I first started to play I got to a streak of 10 and then busted. I started strong with a 5 streak lately but I got burnt by Denmark this morning. I joined the group. I've got my wife playing too so we've got a chance to win twice, but I'm not helping her with any of her picks. She went 19-13 last month so she does have some skill :-b

Everyone got burnt by them Danes. No more curling picks.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk