Streak for the Cash - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Streak for the Cash

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Streak for the Cash

Postby daullaz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:11 pm

LOL, Denmark is gettin' the love from 98.5% of people.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 pm

The total runs before the fifth inning for the Washington/Florida game is intriguing.
Daniel Cabrera is pitching, you gotta go with five or more, right?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 am

Old_Style wrote:The total runs before the fifth inning for the Washington/Florida game is intriguing.

That one scares me. I know that he's a bad pitcher, but five runs in four innings is a lot. I'm thinking of going Denmark curling, followed by Thierry Henry over Luca Toni (unless someone can talk me out of it).
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby roninmedia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 am

I like the pick of Henry over Toni because Toni just came back from injury and he's without his partner at the top in Klose.

Going with a homer pick and taking Liverpool to win versus Chelsea and coming back later with the Knicks over the Pistons.
Last edited by roninmedia on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:39 am

roninmedia wrote:I like the pick of Henry over Toni because Toni just came back from injury and he's without his partner at the top in Klose.

Going with a homer pick and taking Liverpool to win versus Chelsea and coming back later with and then the Knicks over the Pistons.

Thanks. I'm going with Thierry after the Denmark pick. I looked through the results of the curling championships thus far; Denmark whipped Japan earlier, and Japan just whipped China. Hopefully, that means Denmark will whip China.

Edit: I've created a Cafe group. Search Fantasy Cafe in the groups section if you want to join.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:07 am

roninmedia wrote:I like the pick of Henry over Toni because Toni just came back from injury and he's without his partner at the top in Klose.

Going with a homer pick and taking Liverpool to win versus Chelsea and coming back later with the Knicks over the Pistons.

Barca are probably going to run Bayern ragged tomorrow too and Henry's been in solid goal scoring form, as you'd expect from a contract-year player, but I'd say he's been a pleasant surprise. Barca will let Bayern score, but I don't see Toni being that man either. Oh, forgot to say, Henry's been finding the net in the Champions League a whole lot, which really makes him a cinch.

I think Chelsea will try to make the game open to take that away goal, but Guus has been particular about not having the fullbacks push forward, which hurts their width in the attack, but they need to stop the 1-2 of Gerrard/Torres from linking well, which they have. I'm thinking Liverpool and Chelsea draw though.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:46 am

daullaz wrote:LOL, Denmark is gettin' the love from 98.5% of people.

For curling I always pick the most northern country. It is a foolproof system. B-)
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 am

daullaz wrote:Edit: I've created a Cafe group. Search Fantasy Cafe in the groups section if you want to join.

I'm in. ;-D

Old_Style wrote:The total runs before the fifth inning for the Washington/Florida game is intriguing.

I'm going with five or more. Both teams have been hitting well and it really isn't a lot of runs for the total before the fifth.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:32 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:

Barca are probably going to run Bayern ragged tomorrow too and Henry's been in solid goal scoring form, as you'd expect from a contract-year player, but I'd say he's been a pleasant surprise. Barca will let Bayern score, but I don't see Toni being that man either. Oh, forgot to say, Henry's been finding the net in the Champions League a whole lot, which really makes him a cinch.

I think Chelsea will try to make the game open to take that away goal, but Guus has been particular about not having the fullbacks push forward, which hurts their width in the attack, but they need to stop the 1-2 of Gerrard/Torres from linking well, which they have. I'm thinking Liverpool and Chelsea draw though.

This is what I done told him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby roninmedia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Denmark is on the verge of losing. Oh why, oh why did I go against my gut and switch away for picking Liverpool over Chelsea to picking Denmark over China. That's it, I can only trust you guys on a sport where Fantasy "Insert name of sport" exists.

Trust your gut...
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk